Hi There!

Orlando for 1 night, where to ride?

Hey friends, I'm going to be in Orlando for an overnight and will have my bike with me if someone can give me a suggestion on where to ride in the area. I live in South Florida so I can be up in the area early on the first day. Thanks for any help.
    NTFTC

DILLIGAF
    Not sure where in SoFla you are so not sure of the route you will take north, but I would suggest hitting a trail on your way to Orlando. My suggestions are Alafia or Ft Peirce. Like I said I am not sure how far out of the way those might be for you.

In the Orlando area you will be pretty limited on options and you will still need to drive a bit. Snow Hill (LBE) is in Oviedo and Soldiers Creek is in Winter Springs. Snow Hill has something like 15 miles (I think) but its not very well marked. Soldiers Creek is only a little over a mile but fun to do laps. About 30 mins further north you could hit Mt Dora Trail, which offers a lot of elevation in a short 3 mile system.

Personally I would hit Alafia on the way north if coming from the west coast, or Ft Pierce if coming form the east coast.

Hope this helps!

Hi There!
    I'm on the east coast in Boca, right by 95. Ft. Pierce would be cool, I rode it many years ago but don't I need a permit or something? Thanks for the help.
    NTFTC

DILLIGAF
    Here's the info on FTP...

Welcome to Airborne MTB Club

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I have heard nothing but good about Snowhill.

Not sure about your schedule but depending on where you are in Orlando Santos can be as close as 90 minutes away. Great riding. Yes Alafia to the west of Orlando is great as well. If time is a factor I'd stick with Snowhill.

Snow Hill rd. (Econ State Forest) Florida Trail Reviews

Hi There!
    Thanks people.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Loyce Harpe Park (Carter Road) in Lakeland would be a good choice too. If you are on the west side of Orlando it could be as close as 30 mins away.

Loyce E. Harpe Park

~Kirby

Jackalope Hunter
    My .02- It really comes down to how much time you have and how far out of Orlando you want to drive. If you have a whole day, driving north and riding Santos or west to Alafia/Boyette is never a bad idea but they about 90 miles from Orlando. You could hit Carter in Lakeland, its about an hour away. Mount Dora is about 45 minutes away and is short but a fun, flowy trail, not to mention Helter Skelter, which has more climbing in one mile than just about anything I've ridden in Florida. Soldiers Creek is the closest trail to Orlando but its very short, 1.3 miles but most people do lots of laps which can be fun. Snowhill is second closest, flat and sandy in places, but a fun scenic ride that gives some nice views of the Econlockhatchee river. Honestly I wouldn't recommend it unless someone rides with you that knows their way around, it would be easy to get lost. Another option would be Grapefruit trail in Palm Bay, about 75 min from Orlando in Brevard co. Its a nice mix of flow, jumps and small drops that is fun for everyone from DJ riders to XC racers.

FWIW I live in Orlando
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

Trailhead Poseur
    Snowhill is a confusing spiderweb of trails and it does help to have a local guide. But if you're going alone, there are a couple of tips to finding your way around. First, stick to the singletrack and stay off of anything wide enough to drive a pickup truck down. You'll end up mired in sugar sand all day if you try to ride the service roads. Second, while it's easy to get turned around, the overall area is not all that big. So if you can keep your bearings (maybe carry a compass) and generally head in one direction, you'll hit an edge eventually.
    Speed solves all problems, except for those things it makes worse.

turtles make me hot
    One time I stayed in Orlando and rode Carter Rd. It was my first time ever there and the trails were easy to follow and the ride was awesome.
    I like turtles

Jackalope Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by NYrr496 View Post
    One time I stayed in Orlando and rode Carter Rd. It was my first time ever there and the trails were easy to follow and the ride was awesome.

Carter is in amazing shape right now...
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol

turtles make me hot
    Quote Originally Posted by jayjudy13 View Post
    Carter is in amazing shape right now...
    I hope to get down there soon.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'm not local. But a few years back camped at Wekiwa Spring SP. I think I rode +- 10 miles of trail. Local can say if good or bad compared to other trails. Hope this helps. Greg