Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Ocala trail guide?

968 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Bigb2000 
#1 ·
I'm looking to ride xc in Ocala on April 4 11am ,never been there,coming from Canada....any one know trails well?

#3 ·
There are several trail heads for this trail system, but the main one is the Santos TH, @ 3080 SE 80th St, Ocala, FL. and that's the one where most people park at. From there you can get to and ride choice of yellow (easiest), blue (intermediate) and red (advanced) trails. You can ride multiple loops of different level trails and stay within 20 minutes of the main trail head or if you have a lot of time, you can ride connecting trails going SW and go close to 20 miles each direction, but that could take you 4-6 hours. I like to Dog Tail to Landbridge and back and thats about an 18 mile round trip from the main trail head and can take 1hr 20m (fast) - 2 hrs (med/slower) pace, then get back to your vehicle, get a drink, quick rest, then go hit some of the loops close by...awesome FL XC trail.

#5 ·
What level of riding?

Santos is my home base. i ride on Fridays.

Don't know if you are looking for a riding partner/guide.

My rates are reasonable, free. Just like to ride.

Let me know. As others have mentioned the OMBA website has some great maps and you are not limited to the main trailhead. 49th Ave has a couple of nice trails as does Ross Prairie trailhead. Both within 20 min of main trailhead on 80th street.

As mentioned if you need somebody to ride with hit me up.

I do NOT do 20 foot drops or other crazy stuff. I am more of an intermediate rider . If this works for you great. if not OMBA website and your good to go

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.