Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Oak Mountain Night Scare

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sxr-racer 
#1 ·
Last night I went on my last night ride at OMSP since the season ends next week. I went easy and did an out and back on Lake then hit Rattlesnake and did the same. While on my way back on Rattlesnake, I rounded a corner and spotted something black and shiny just off the right side of the trail. It was coiled up in an 8" diameter ring and wasn't moving. After almost endo'ing I stomped the ground a few times and tossed some dirt at it hoping that would motivate it to move off. Nothing worked so I decided to move on past cautiously.

Once I got closer I could identify it, a flat tube... Some lazy F#%& left their blown out tube on the side of the trail! I was not happy. Picked it up and continued on my way. Why are people so freaking lazy and thoughtless?

#4 ·
Yeah people are ridiculous. Yesterday I was riding at Blankets Creek in Georgia which gets a lot of traffic everyday. I came around a corner really fast and ran into a huge branch that was layed across the trail. I stopped to move it and I looked through the woods and saw a group that had just gone through where I was at and obviously didn't care to move this giant branch that was blocking the trail. I'm guessing a lot of other people rode by the same branch earlier too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.