mtbr member
    Oct 2005

North GA - Hunting Season

A group of us are looking to head over to Pinhotti, Bear Creek, Bull Mtn, and Jake Mtn over Veterns Day weekend. Do we need to worry about hunting in the area of the trails on that Saturday through Monday? I don't know the hunting laws in the area and don't want to be mistaken for a deer or chase deer from an area that is being hunted. Thanks in advance for the help.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    you definitely need to find this out, because several trails I ride in Alabama are temporary closed during hunting season. during my last ride on those trails, before hunting season, i rode upon several trail cameras and deer stands.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CaTiRo View Post
    you definitely need to find this out, because several trails I ride in Alabama are temporary closed during hunting season. during my last ride on those trails, before hunting season, i rode upon several trail cameras and deer stands.
    BUMP!

Yeah that is a great question. I ride Jake/bull a lot and it has crossed my mind but I have not had any issues. I always make sure I ride later in the day when risk is less likely.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I just called the Ranger District that Bull Mtn is in and they said that the area is open to hunting through January. If you ride they reccommend that you wear orange and wait until after 10AM to ride.