MTC rep for LPCPCAC

Norcross GA in November

I will be in Georgia for work the week of November 13-17. Wondering what is close by, what to expect for weather, and rental possibilities.

Any help will be appreciated. I am a west coaster and have absolutely zero familiarity with the area.
    Last edited by bankerboy; 10-18-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Norcross is only about 30 minutes from the Chicopee Woods trail system ( http://gainesvillesorba.org/images/chicomap08color.pdf ) and about 15-20 from Big Creek ( http://www.rambo-mtb.org/wp-content/...rails03-10.pdf ). I'd recommend Chicopee for more trails and just better trails.

As far as weather, at worst it should be in the 60's for the highs. I think we hit 70 today and the forecast calls for high 70's next week so the weather should be pretty good.

Blankets Creek gets all the hype around here and is probably 45 minutes or so from Norcross. It's cool, but I think Chicopee is just as good.

mtbr member
    Big Creek, HarbinaPark, Trible Mill, and Fort Yargo are not far from Norcross.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I thought about mentioning those parks as well but Ft Yargo costs $7 to ride and Tribble Mill, while a great trail (one of my favorites) if you know the trails, is confusing for someone not familiar with how to get around the place. Harbins is cool, but not as good as Chicopee and Chicopee is only about 10 minutes farther

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Thanks for the help. I will be working near 3300 Holcomb Bridge Road in Norcross. I will start looking up information on the trails.

The other, very important, piece of the puzzle is the availability of rental or demos. Does anybody know of a shop in Norcross or the immediate area that would fit that bill?

I honestly have zero familiarity with the area so names, addresses, links, and phone numbers would be greatly appreciated.

Of course if you want to lead the lost on a ride, I am up for that too. I will be out there November 13-17 so it would be a midweek, mid-day ride if you can fit it in.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Big Creek is right off Holcomb Bridge Rd, about 15 minutes or so from Norcross. There is a bike shop practically across the street from the trailhead, well a couple of blocks up but you can easily ride to trailhead from shop, called Fresh Bikes. I have never been there as it is a newer shop. Also on Holcomb Bridge rd not far from Big Creek is Cycleworks, one of the bigger area shops insomuch as they have 3 locations. Roswell Bicycles is about 2-3 miles on the other side of Big Creek. Not sure which of those may rent, here are the links:

Cycleworks | Atlanta Bicycle Shop | Trek Gary Fisher Mirraco Rans Mountain Road Hybrid Comfort Kids BMX
    Roswell Bicycles, Giant, Specialized, Felt, Wilier, Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes
    Fresh Bike Service | Roswell, GA | Bike Rentals, Demo Bikes, Professional Service and Sales

BC is not the best trail around the area but, given your location while here, it is a good trail if you do not have the better part of a day for an adventure.

you may want to post up on the SORBA forum ( www.sorba.org • Index page ) for more info, as that will get seen by more local riders(a lot of people on there will be pimpin' the Blankets Creek system). It would also be easier to find a local to ride with on that forum

Go make a difference
    Sorry I missed your post -- I've had a lot of travel including getting married and the honeymoon in the last couple weeks. I live in the area and would love to have helped. I line up rentals all the time for clients so I could have taken care of that or just let you borrow one of my bikes.

Very sorry I missed you but if you're ever back this way, hit me up and I'll make it happen.
    Charles Myrick
    33North Adventures | Owner
    Bike | Climb | Hike | Paddle
    New trips: Tibet & Bosnia!