fly like a beagle

Night on Bull mountain 3-2

Looks like the weather will be dry this week, Bull mountain should be dry enough to ride. If you like to night ride this is one for you. Thursday 3-2, meet in the parking lot around 7.
    Route most likely will climb Bull, climb Bare Hare, descend Bare down to bottom(this is also a bail out area to get back to the parking lot),take the fs rd to the right and climb back up to Bull and then fly down to the parking lot. This route is right at 16 miles.
    Everyones invited, bring a light with a long burn time and a backup.
    Really?This things got Brakes?

Its got what plants crave
    Oh man, wish I could be there

Is Bull Mountain open for night rides during the regular season, or is this some special organized group ride? I'll be up there around March 13th possibly at night. How long does a light need to last? I've got 20watts @ 3.5-4 hours, and my friends run equivalent lights. Would it be enough?

fly like a beagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Oh man, wish I could be there

Is Bull Mountain open for night rides during the regular season, or is this some special organized group ride? I'll be up there around March 13th possibly at night. How long does a light need to last? I've got 20watts @ 3.5-4 hours, and my friends run equivalent lights. Would it be enough?
    Should be plenty,especially if you switch to low on the climbs. I carry a led headlamp just in case (crash, battery faliure, etc)
    Bull is always open but it takes longer than most trails in the area to dry.

I just hope we don't get lost. You don't by chance have a link to some good maps of the trails, do you? I almost got lost in the daylight once, much less in the dark! I was there a few months ago, but it was just my luck and hunting season was open and the trails were closed. I've only been once.. I'm ready to go back and ride! Any other suggestions for favorite trails in the area?

fly like a beagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    I just hope we don't get lost. You don't by chance have a link to some good maps of the trails, do you? I almost got lost in the daylight once, much less in the dark! I was there a few months ago, but it was just my luck and hunting season was open and the trails were closed. I've only been once.. I'm ready to go back and ride! Any other suggestions for favorite trails in the area?
    http://www.mindspring.com/~keithmc/r.../bulljake3.pdf

http://www.singletracks.com/php/trail.php?id=562

Thanks. That Singletrack site is really sweet. Plenty of good pictures on there! I'm headed up that way for a spring break road trip, so a good list of trails is essential!

fly like a beagle
    Ride is still on, see everyone there at 7:00 in the parking lot.

The Voice of Reason

Bull Mountain Camping

i'm thinking of doing the bull mountain loop in april. the map shows a camping area near the jakes mountain parking area. do you guys have any info on it? it would be most appreciated. thanks