Drinker w/ Riding Problem

Nice Job Bill!! FATS

well done Mr. Bill (Seenvic)! FATS is a kickass little trail system in the making..around every turn kept expecting a bigass climb-out, and it never happened...just plain fun...cant wait till its all open'd....Major props to you and your volunteers... me and a bud from G'Vegas came down, and met some friends from Savannah to ride... i typically don't head south to ride, but it was worth the trip...after we did a loop there, we then shot over to do Modoc... which in all the times riding that trail...this was the first time the parking lot was empty and we didn't cross paths with any others riders. btw liked the signage! "Stay on the trail or Stay Home!" sad. Sorry my pix just don't do the trail justice. maybe next time

Keep up the great Work!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    You in a yellow SUV full of stickers? I recall one that said "Sir Bikes Alot".

Thanks for the comments. The real props should go to the crew: Michael Burton, Todd Branham (my partners in Long Cane Trails, LLC), Shrimper Khare, IMBA Trail Solution's Rich Edwards. Recently, we've picked up Todd Erskine and Danny Robinson to round out the crew.

The volunteers were awesome, no doubt. I did alot of work with them on the weekends. But we have really settled into a nice team - I get the money and handle the business side of things, Michael and Todd run the crews and the volunteers help out when we need hours to match grant funding.

And plenty of folks just have a new trail to ride.....works for me.

Thanks again for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by seenvic
    You in a yellow SUV full of stickers? I recall one that said "Sir Bikes Alot".
    That was mine

Two wheels are best
    Thanks for the pics brado! I'm jealous!

Lord only knows when I'll get to ride FATS or any where else...
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

mtbr member
    Sup folks. I can't wait to ride the new FATS. I have ridden alot in Aiken and MODOC a few times (did ya see the billy goat?) it is a good time.

BrADo,

How long from G-vegas was the trip? I put a mapquest on it and it said 2 1/2 hours to Clarks Hill. I hope I can shave some time off. . . maybe this weekend.

later.

Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    How long from G-vegas was the trip? I put a mapquest on it and it said 2 1/2 hours to Clarks Hill. I hope I can shave some time off. . . maybe this weekend.

it was a little over 2hrs ...around 149 miles i think...we went straight down hwy25 and hit 23 to 230

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    G-vegas is Greenville, SC - right?

It's about 2 hours of steady driving, at or near the speed limit.

Only thing is to keep the last few days weather in mind. FATS is so new, it can't take traffic if it's too wet. And the trail is closed under these conditions. Over time, this will go away.

www.sorbacsra.org will have the closure info on it. So far, we've only closed it twice for weather. Or you can email me before you make the drive. wmvic32@aol.com

By this summer the stuff open now will be rock hard and as "seasoned" as an old trail.

mtbr member
    Yah the weather is looking shoddy for the weekend. . . Oh well, it's a weekend for "Death March" training anyway so Pisgah is the way to go.

You won't catch any of us great trail advocates from G-Vegas (yes greenville) poaching closed trails. . .

Still can't wait to see them though, thanks for the link!

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by extrmtao
    Yah the weather is looking shoddy for the weekend. . . Oh well, it's a weekend for "Death March" training anyway so Pisgah is the way to go.

You won't catch any of us great trail advocates from G-Vegas (yes greenville) poaching closed trails. . .

Still can't wait to see them though, thanks for the link!
    Saturday should be awesome. 20% chance of rain Sunday. The sections at FATS that are open are draining like champions. It will take significant rain to have these sections closed. And that's a good thing.

But waiting a few weeks may not be a bad thing for you folks driving in from afar. We hope to have 2 more sections open in the next few weeks. One for sure, and two if we can build a bridge we need to have to open one loop.

paintbucket
    Sweet Bill. All its been hyped to be.

http://forums.mtbr.com/passion/phats-187270.html#post1814249

I think you need to rename the brown wave and shuttle run seat post and saddle rail, because with all those whoops people are going to breaking them left and right.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.