Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New Trail near Hartwell

982 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  DroopyDawg 
#1 ·
I saw in an IMBA newsletter that there is a new trail at Payne's Creek State Park. Could only find limited information. Anyone know more about it?

#4 ·
Paynes Creek is ready for the grand opening next Fri. I did a couple hours of finish work on the trail with the sorba groups last Sat., and we rode afterwards.

This may may be the funnest trail I've ridden. Only ~7 mi, but it's so fun that I would do several loops if I was there for a weekend. Haven't been to FATS, but if it's like this trail, I've been missing out. It reminds me of the best flowy parts of the monster mile at Ft Yargo.

It's not too far off I-85, and there is a small campground with sites on the lake and bathrooms. Parking is past the campground entrance at the upper end of the boat ramp parking lot. No fee to ride.

#5 ·
I've posted this elswhere but this seems like a good place for it too:

Excellent trail-building experience on an excellent trail guys, thanks. I'd love to ride it again in a year after it's had some traffic on it. It's going to be FAST!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.