King of the n00bs

New rider in the S. Atlanta area

Last week I ordered my first proper mtn. bike. It's a Ibex Alpine 550 and it is darn nice compared to my 12 year old huffy. I've been reading the forums and have been looking for some places to ride. I live in the Fayette Co. area about 20 miles south of Atl. I only know one person that rides but he rides a hybrid and likes to stay on the paved paths. There's only so much of that I can take so I've been riding some of the trails around here by myself. There is a nice mtn. bike trail right next to where I work but it's not that big. I'm thinking about hittting up Dauset Trails this weekend and was wondering if it would be a good place for a fairly new rider to go for a solo ride for a while. Being new and by myself I'm a bit hesitant on trying anything too technical, but from what I've seen, Dauset Trails seem like they'd be pretty good. Anyone have any advice one way or another?

not so super...
    Hook up with local riders at www.sorba.org

Congrats on the new bike.
    Nothing to see here.

dirty trail dog
    Quote Originally Posted by stratking
    Last week I ordered my first proper mtn. bike. It's a Ibex Alpine 550 and it is darn nice compared to my 12 year old huffy. I've been reading the forums and have been looking for some places to ride. I live in the Fayette Co. area about 20 miles south of Atl. I only know one person that rides but he rides a hybrid and likes to stay on the paved paths. There's only so much of that I can take so I've been riding some of the trails around here by myself. There is a nice mtn. bike trail right next to where I work but it's not that big. I'm thinking about hittting up Dauset Trails this weekend and was wondering if it would be a good place for a fairly new rider to go for a solo ride for a while. Being new and by myself I'm a bit hesitant on trying anything too technical, but from what I've seen, Dauset Trails seem like they'd be pretty good. Anyone have any advice one way or another?
    Yeah, Dauset has plenty of trails that are n00b friendly. Over 17 miles of trails, with about a third of those being beginner level trails. Bootlegger Trail and Ferngully are really cool for beginners. The good thing is the trails are marked so well that it is easy to find your way around. Have fun and post a ride-report after you go.
    yep...