mtbr member
    Dec 2007

New A-Line style course @ HCP

John has been pushing up big tabletops and 3-9 foot tall dirt berms @ the park during the last 2-3 weeks. If you have'nt been out here in a while, come take a look at whats going on. Also Sundays are shuttle days were you can ride the new AM/DH trail with unlimited shuttles out of the canyon for $3 Hurricane Creek Park !

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New A-Line style course @ HCP-hcp-8-8-10-18-.jpg  

New A-Line style course @ HCP-hcp-8-8-10-22-.jpg  

New A-Line style course @ HCP-hcp-8-8-10-14-.jpg  

endurance xc
    Looks good. I went to Hurricane Creek Park around 2.5 years ago when the mountain bike trail up top had just been made. There was freshly cut roots and thick dust with no structures built. I would really like to see the progress you guys have made soon. Looks like I need to plan a sunday ride at HCP. Nice angle through that berm!

pic2: Smashed Brains in t=.4s

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by VaNNage
    pic2: Smashed Brains in t=.4s
    No Doubt....i recomend a lid

mtbr member
    Nice! I am busy the next two weeks, but I am pretty sure I'll check it out around th 28th.

Question, is US 31 (I think that's right) closed north of HCP? Do we have to go to first exit south (think it's 310) to get there?
    Media Manager - Coming Soon
    Press Relations - Team Billy Goat Bikes - Mountain Khakis

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by waterdogs
    Nice! I am busy the next two weeks, but I am pretty sure I'll check it out around th 28th.

Question, is US 31 (I think that's right) closed north of HCP? Do we have to go to first exit south (think it's 310) to get there?
    Yes, Hwy 31 is closed just South of Exit 318 due to the asphalt seperating from the ground and sliding down the mountain after a heavy rain. Riders will have to take Exit 310 to Hwy 31 and then 5 minutes north to the park.

mtbr member
    Great Stuff Guys! Went there today and loved it.

My only suggestion, on the table tops...... split the leading edge 50/50 with a flat for a true table top and the other half just as currently is with the lip. That gives you the option of rolling it or getting air based on skill level and speed.

I am disappointed I won't be around to see the completion of the course and the pump track. Keep up the great work!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the suggestion Waterdogs, I will try to add that in some where.....we are about half way thru construction of the pump track.

mtbr member
    Post some pics when you get the new stuff done. I am no longer in the state (moved), so I don't know when I will be back. I am sure you see lots-o-people, but I was guy with the Black Cannondale Perp (now on a Santa Cruz, which I never rode at HCP).

Keep up the great work for those in AL. If you ever make it out this way (SC), make sure to pencil in a stop to Clemson Freeride Park. They just finished some new features there for a Red Bull sponsored event there tomorrow night (Sat 11/13).... well worth it.