mtbr member
    Nov 2005

New to Jacksonville !! Looking for people to ride/hang out with

Hey !

I just moved to Jacksonville Florida.,....looking for people to bike with and have fun with!

Just turned 30 -uph-.....female...have crazy dog with over bite...

email me elongmiller@excite.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Go JAGS!!!

Hello Evie--

Not sure if you know already but Hannah Park would be the local trail for us here in Jax. There is a group ride every Sunday at 9am (or 10?) so just show up and everyone starts at the parking lot near the entrance. I ride Hannah at least twice a week on weekdays. The trail gets busy on weekends with families and campers with bikes.

You may also want to try Ft. Clinch State Park in Fernandina. It has a sweet 6-mile loop, less traffic (but trail is shared with hikers), and occasional deer sightings.

Me and my buddies normally go out of town 2x a month to ride. There's White Springs, San Felasco, Razorback, and Santos. Yesterday, we enjoyed the fall colors (or what FL can offer) at San Felasco and got a good 22-mile XC workout. We then drove further south to Razorback (in Reddick) to have fun with its technical course. I'm currently nursing a sprained wrist, bruised forearm/ shoulder/ leg from slamming into a tree after clearing the first nasty drop then losing my focus.

There's also an organized camp/ride this Thanksgiving weekend (11/25- 11/27) up in Dauset GA. We've never been there and may do this.
    http://www.suwanneebike.org/

See you at the trails!
    -Hans