mtbr member
    Sep 2008

New to Chattanooga area

Hey y'all,
    I've just retired and am in the process of relocating to the middle TN area. Chattanooga will be close to a 2 hr trip, but I'd really like to get to know the trail system and meet some SORBA folks from that neck of the woods. I figure I can get to the Chatanooga area at least twice a week to ride. I've been trolling around here for awhile so I'm aware that there are some excellent trails and great people who are making it all possible!

A bit about me:
    43 y/o female, I have done some racing way back when.
    My current ride is a 2008 Giant Trance XO. Hoping to get my hubby into the sport as well, he has a 2006 Giant Trance X3. I still have a 2000 Specialized S-Works FSR-XC as my back-up or in case I ever decide to race again. I love technical stuff including roots, rocks, and single track. but I'm not a crazy downhill bomber, I particularly like trails that flow. Bascially all mountain minus the huge drops and jumps. I'm not a great climber, I'm a sprinter trapped in the body of a climber! Anyhoo, thanks to anyone who rogers up. I'm really looking forward to riding around Mont Eagle and Chattanooga in the near future!

Clydesdale 29er
    Read all you can about Raccoon Mountain. It sounds like a trail made for you.
    MxV=Clydesdale

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    raccoon has 17.5 mile loop all single track trail never cross the same trail twice.... but it does have more trail too.... booker t has about 7 mile loop single track,

i would like to here more about trails on monteagle mnt. (please)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Three steps to mountain biker happiness in Chattanooga.

(1) Join SORBA-Chattanooga
    (2) Show up to any event listed on their calendar.
    (3) Introduce yourself and have fun!