a.k.a. MTBMaven

Nashville, TN Riders?

I would have posted this on the Tennessee board but there isn't one. Guess people in Tennessee don't mountain bike?

I'm heading to Nashville TN for a conference (URISA's 1st Annual Geospatial Integration for Public Safety) April 10th -12th. If anyone here know of any good riding for a bikeless out of towner please let me know. I will be staying just off Broadway near the Arena. If anyone can suggest good restaurants or bars in the area it would be helpful as well.

Jabberwocky Jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnfiend
    I would have posted this on the Tennessee board but there isn't one.
    Actually, there is and it's here : http://forums.mtbr.com/southeast-ga-tn-al-fl/

Guess people in Tennessee don't mountain bike?
    Bzzzzzzzzt. Wrong.

I'm heading to Nashville TN for a conference (URISA's 1st Annual Geospatial Integration for Public Safety) April 10th -12th. If anyone here know of any good riding for a bikeless out of towner please let me know. I will be staying just off Broadway near the Arena. If anyone can suggest good restaurants or bars in the area it would be helpful as well.

Here's a couple of places you might look:

www.lock4.org

www.nashvillemountainbike.com

The Lock 4 site appears to be abandoned but you may find some links there. There's also some trails at Montgomery Bell S.P. but I don't really know exactly where. Maybe someone else will chime in.
    Calling out from the Land of the Riding Hillbilly.

www.vassagocycles.com
    www.ntmba.org

My Blog

blithering idiot
    Hamilton Creek is the closest to downtown, about 10-12 minutes in Hermitage, and is fairly technical riding. It's about 10 miles now if you ride both loops.

Lock 4 is about 20-25 minutes from downtown in Gallatin. It is not very technical at all, but is fast and does give you a workout if riding fast from the elevation changes.

Montgomery Bell is about 30-35 minutes from downtown in *****on. It is a nice trail somewhere in between the technicality of the other two.

Anyway, those are the best places to ride in Nashville.

I like Squishy Bikes

Bikes etc

yup...no mtn bikers here...
    just some good ole boys, never meanin' no harm

Cumberland Transit (West End Ave) can hook you up with a good rental.
    615-321-4069

Nashville Bicycle Co. is a few steps down the street as is the Bike Pedlar.

http://allanti.com/

http://www.cumberlandtransit.com/page.asp?SID=1&Page=30

Hamilton Creek is my favorite trail.
    I've seen people on big DH bikes & ultra swanky 100% rigid SS bikes.
    I ride a dualie (5" f & r)...with disc brakes...it makes any trail nicer
    The 4 mile Beginner Loop is fun, nothing too harsh & no big surprises.
    The 6 mile Advanced Loop is more technical & has a few small drops.
    it even has a North Shore style wooden stunt.

hope this helps
    A dirty book is rarely dusty

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    Sounds like Hermitage will be my best bet. Thanks for the link to the Southeast Board. I didn't see that in my quick search for a Tennessee Board. Looks like Cumberland Transit, Bike Pedler, and Nashville Bicycle Company are somewhat close to my hotel. The first two seem to be east and NBC is south.

I'm going to contact them to see if any rent bikes. I will post on the Southeast board closer to my trip date to see if anyone is interested in a lte afternoon or evening ride.

Thanks for the information.

blithering idiot
    There are two NBC stores. The one south you are talking about, about 10 miles south in Franklin, but there is also one right beside Cumberland and right across from Bike Pedlar. They are all literally within 100 yards of each other. It's like an outdoor bike mall.

Tdub
    So what about just outside of Nashville, or a comfortable road trip distance? Anything within say 90 minutes of Nashville that you all like? Not really into the big DH drop stunts and tech sessions, I leave that for the snow. But a good XC gig with some climbing and just generally a good all around ride.

Tdub
    [SIZE="3"]"What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?"-Vincent Van Gogh[/SIZE]

blithering idiot
    Montgomery Bell is about 45 minutes away. A pretty good ride. Look it up in the trail section.