mtbr member
    Aug 2005

Nashville, TN Information

I may have the opportunity to get a transfer to Nashville. I am very unfamiliar with the area and was hoping someone could provide some opinions. How is the biking there? Are there many trails near by? Good local bike shops? What else is there to do in Nashville? How is the city itself? If you could give any or all information/opinions about the city or let me know if there is a local forum, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Only One Way
    Sep 2004

Nice place

I moved to Nashville from WV about 5 years ago… my 2 Cents..

The city is good… depending on your income there are allot of choices in housing. I live south of town and find my commute is about 30 minutes.

There is allot to do here, as it is a tourist town. What you will find though is you will stay away from all the stuff downtown and find local more unique places. As for music it is all hear not just country, and you can hear a good band at any bar (everyone here is a singer)

As for the biking..

Road – some of the best road ridding I have found, I have about 1,800 miles on the road this year, I love heading out in the country and all you see are farms (and sometimes dogs)

MTB – pretty good, not WV but it is getting better. From my house there are 5 places in an hours drive, 3 of those within 30 minutes. Urban ridding is awesome.

Check out this web site for more info, it is the local MTB board (I am paddlechris on this board)

http://www.nashvillemountainbike.com/

It talks about trails, and events, Local shops well that is personal opinion so I will not get into that one, but there are plenty.

e-Mail me if you want to talk more and we can get together on the phone.

Chris

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I agree, Nashville is a great town. I transferred to Florida 3 years ago and I really miss it. In fact, I'm trying to move back now. Definitely check out the website mentioned above. I'm on the forum there, too, with essentially the same name as on here. Very nice and helpful folks. I used to live around the Vanderbilt area (Hillsboro Village and Sylvan Park) and it has a lot of great places to hang out. I actually like the hokie stuff downtown every once in a while, though, too.