Hooked

Nashville rentals

Going back and forth on the do I drag the bikes down to Nashville (from Milwaukee) over Christmas. Last time I visited my brother we ride Hamilton Creek and Lock 4 ( not sure I got the right number there). Want to check out Montgomery Bell.

Thinking since weather ( freeze-thaw, wet, ice, whatever) and schedules could make riding hard, skip bringing the bikes, just rent if the Gods align and we can ride. Any shops rent MTB? Bonus for not major manufacturer(trek, specialized, giant - I can demo those already). Would love to try a Niner, Santa Cruz, Salsa, etc.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Maybe check MOAB in Franklin. I am not sure if they rent them, but they do carry Santa Cruz.

There is a 99% chance that Monty Bell will be rideable.

The place is made of magic dirt

mtbr member
    Biker's Choice in Hendersonville also rents bikes. They are also the closest shop to Lock 4, and are a little less than an hour from Montgomery Bell. Unless the freeze/thaw gets really bad, Montgomery Bell should be ridable.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure Trace Bikes on hwy 100 near the end of the Trace rents bikes, but they'll be Trek.

Hooked
    Huge thanks to all of you! Looks like I have good options no matter which trail we decide to ride. Guess ill be packing camelbaks, helmets and shoes!

Is MOAB also a Specialized and Niner dealer? I've been to a shop down in Franklin where my brother bought his bike.

Looking forward to trying out some non-local trails! Will make it a much merrier Christmas, indeed.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    How about an update? Did you get a decent ride?

Hooked
    Unfortunately a bit at the mercy of the jam-packed schedule of my hosts. Doesn't look like a ride will happen this trip (unless you count 10miles on a spin bike at a circuit strength class - which while it felt good to pedal in between sets, not the same). today was the only option and mist and rain (is that snow?!?) making it less than ideal.

That said your info will come in handy next trip! Plan on being back down in April...