mtbr member

Mulberry Gap festival?

As I posted in another thread, I've got a very rare Saturday with no family commitments and have the equally rare opportunity to venture outside my local trails.

Based on advice here, I'm going to hit Bear Creek/Pinhoti 1 & 2. Having never been there, I followed even more advice I got here and contacted the folks at Mulberry Gap for recommendations on parking and navigating.

They replied quickly but mentioned they are going to be busy with a festival this weekend. Ugh...is the place going to be packed? Should I look for another trail?
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Can't help ya here but because of the location I can't imagine it being much busier than Chicopee on the weekend. Get there early and get in a ride. At least you won't get lost.

Mtb Extraordinaire
    May 2006
    Bear Creek/Pinhoti 1,2,3 are not part of a contained trail system. Therefore, nobody will be doing laps or anything like that. Almost everybody rides the trails in the same direction (a clockwise type of direction) The trails are fairly back country and the more riders you see, the better it is going to be. Unless of course they have some insane turn out, which I cant see being the case.

How much riding are looking to do and what level rider are you ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    http://mulberrygap.net/spring-2014-events/

Looks like a fun time! Wish I could make it up there...

mtbr member

Mulberry Gap festival?

Thanks all. I'm looking to do the 22ish mile loop that includes bear creek, P1 and p2. Start and finish at mulberry gap.

As for riding level, I have no idea. I ride 30-35 miles of singletrack nearly every weekend. A single lap around Yargo, including Monster Mile, takes me about 1:16. I'm usually right around the top third mark on Strava compared to all riders. But I'm much older than most of them!!
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.