Boriqua Puneta

Moving To Florida Orlando Area Soon.

Hi guys. Im moving to Florida (Kissimmee Orlando area) and I wanted to know how the Mountain Biking scene is down there in Florida not limited to the Orlando Area. Im from Colorado front range area so I know its going to be really different. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Diffeent it will be. But Orlando area to Tampa, Lakeland, and Kissimmee are prime biking for Florida. Alafia is a great park with camping and about 14 miles of singletrack. Snowhill and Santos are nice as well. Santos has about 50 miles of different trails. The most difficult I would say is Bom Boyette which has the most climbs and decents up to about 30 feet or more. So the riding experience will be different but it certainly isn't too bad in Florida for no mountains and just hills.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkoMTB
    Diffeent it will be. But Orlando area to Tampa, Lakeland, and Kissimmee are prime biking for Florida. Alafia is a great park with camping and about 14 miles of singletrack. Snowhill and Santos are nice as well. Santos has about 50 miles of different trails. The most difficult I would say is Bom Boyette which has the most climbs and decents up to about 30 feet or more. So the riding experience will be different but it certainly isn't too bad in Florida for no mountains and just hills.

hey, I'm also new to the area...
    where is Balm Boyette with all the climbs?
    cause this is all I can find...http://www.dirtworld.com/trails/trai...rail_name=Balm Boyette Mountain Bike Trail
    Deltona (between daytona and orlando)
    2006 trek liquid with beefy freeride components for my fat arse

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Sorry I spelt the name wrong. I've only been there twice and they are a part of swamp club.
    Here is a link : http://www.swampclub.org/boyette/

Original Rider
    In a couple of months there is gonna be new trails in orlando. heres info, or you can look at my other thread.
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...3486240&ref=ts
    Ride it till it breaks... Then fix it.

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    If you want some high end trails, then Santos in Belleview, near Ocala, is one of the best in Central FL. Closer to Kissimmee, there is a "Carter Road" trail in Lakeland. You might enjoy getting a road bike for daily miles and plan trips to the more technical MTB areas. Locally, you might want to check out "Alafia River State Park" near lakeland and another private MTB trail near by. The Balm Boyette Trail posted above looks like fun, too. And a lot of people ride the "snowhill trail" north east of Orlando, but might as well drive to Santos. Santos is the best around, but most Florida Trails are not up to CO standards either way you look at it. Anyway, welcome to FL... might want to get into cross training on the road bike, wakeboard, surfboard, kayak, etc to spice it up some too. Have fun!

Curb Jumper
    There is the new trail going up in Orlando, as stated earlier in this thread, but there is also a new trail going up in Mt. Dora which is approx. 1/2 way from Orlando to Santos (for those days that you won't want to make the drive). Look for the thread on that trail on the first page of the Southeast section.