mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Mountain Biking Trip

Hey everybody I am new to this board, and I am looking into taking a mountain biking trip this summer. What are some awesome trails in the southeast that I could head to? Distance is not really a big deal.

Thanks Everybody

dirty trail dog
    Go to sorbachattanooga.org for some great trail information on southeastern trails

http://www.sorbachattanooga.org/

Click the trail guide link.

If you make it to Georgia, try out Bear Creek, Fort Yargo, Chicopee, Bull Mountain, Dauset, and the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers.
    yep...

Al.
    Hooligan
    Also check www.sorba.org.

If you go to Bear Creek - check out Pinhoti (East) also. Want more climbing - climb Tibbs and come down Windy Gap. Want a more technical ride - Try Pinhoti West near Dalton, GA - look here: http://www.nwgasorba.org/ - Other great trail systems in GA - Aska Road, AKA Stanley Gap, Mountaintown near Bear Creek, Helen race course, and more. Not GA,but don't forget about Tsali, Pisgah, Dupont, Tanasi, and Chilhowee, etc either.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem

Pisgah, Dupont, Tsali, Bent Creek

Check the North Carolina Forum.

Western NC has some of the best trails around...

http://www.mtbikewnc.com/index.html

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by brado1
    Check the North Carolina Forum.

Western NC has some of the best trails around...

http://www.mtbikewnc.com/index.html
    I second that reccomendation. I rode Pisgah and Dupont and it changed my perspective on mtbing.

dirty trail dog
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish
    I second that reccomendation. I rode Pisgah and Dupont and it changed my perspective on mtbing.
    I'm riding there Feb 20 and 21. Can't wait.
    yep...

mtbr member

Fl Trails

2 places

1) Santos: There's a big freestyle section, and cross-country, with campsite. Check www.omba.org daily or threads below for an update on the IMBA developments there.

2) Markham Park: Still recovering from hurricane damage, but also has a themed freestyle park and campsite.

Baron of Gray Matter
    May 2004
    If you come to Arkansas, we've got the Womble Trail and Syllamo Mtb Trail. Both are epic rides. Womble is around 37 miles and Syllamo is at least 50, and possibly soon 75 miles of singletrack. Both are well maintained by trail users. There are a lot of other trails in Arkansas to ride, but these are the two most known for attracting out-of-state riders.
    "Oh Dear, I've been redorkulated."
    Prof. Frink.

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by XCProphet
    2 places

1) Santos: There's a big freestyle section, and cross-country, with campsite. Check www.omba.org daily or threads below for an update on the IMBA developments there.

2) Markham Park: Still recovering from hurricane damage, but also has a themed freestyle park and campsite.
    Both good recommendations, but Markham is still closed.

Other great FL trails worth a look are Alafia, Razorback, San Felasco (pure XC), and I've heard there are some nice places in Tallahasee(sp?). Santos is definately the premier place though.