rey
    mtbr member

mobile trail conditions?

I'll be down in Mobile first of the week on business. Any news about the trail conditions after the hurricane? I've ridden the University trails and Chikasabogue park. I havnt tried the others yet.

How about the swayback in montgomery? I dont have any info as to whether the storm reached that far north....

are they rideable? or should i pack my road bike?

thx

Not Smart Enough to Quit

Swayback is in great shape

There was an adventure race type thing there last weekend and the trail has been (mostly) cleared of encroaching brush. It's nice and dry and there are no trees down as of last Friday. We didn't really get much of Katrina, so it didn't bother the trail. We now have about 12.5 miles of single track so if you ride a lap in each direction it's a good 2 or 2.5 hour ride. Way fun.

Let me know if you come up and need a guide. I can go most days after work, around 4:30 or so.

Ed
    The standing eight count & three knockdown rules are in effect on this trail.

http://compvelo.com/content/

rey
    mtbr member
    thx for the offer! if i hit swayback it will be on sunday late afternoon on my way down to mobile. great way to start off the work week!

i would like to say that i savor the trail "soul-ride" fashion, but the reality is I'm just slow

rey

rey
    mtbr member

one more try b4 the weekend

thought i would bump this up once more....gonna be in Mobile sun-weds coming up.

Any news regarding conditions for Mobile trails after the hurricane? Most likely I would be riding Chickasabouge (sp?) and USA trail, but will try others if they fared better.

any info would be appreciated. got room only for one bike, hopefully i can take the MTB