Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Miami area recommendations

588 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  pointerDixie214 
#1 ·
Over spring break we are planning to travel to Miami area to ride all the local trails. We want to ride Markham, Oleta, Virginia Key, and Amelia. Am I missing any?

We will be staying in our travel trailer and are looking for a campground that is central to all of the riding spots. Does anyone have any recommendations?

#2 ·
Markham and Oleta both have campgrounds. Other than that South Florida does not have much in the way of campgrounds that I can think of. Markham is probably a nicer place to camp but it's very far inland. Oleta is more centrally located with regards to the other trails, and exploring SoFla/going out at night. Only problem with Oleta right now is they are currently taking out all of the australian pines so a number of trails are closed or ripped up pretty bad.

I may be wrong but the problem with camping at Oleta or Markham is they close the front gate when the sun goes down. You might not be able to go out at night, unless you had a cab meet you at the front entrance or something.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.