Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Markham Park Info

91K views 746 replies 85 participants last post by  475856 
#1 ·
I am planning on heading down to Ft. Lauderdale this weekend and was thinking of trying out the trail at Markham Park. I heard that the trail may be underwater due to the recent rains, is this true? Should I wait for another time to go for my first time, if so is there another park nearby I can hit while I'm down there? Thanks

#578 ·
Not that I am aware of either, but I am also not in town or haven't been in 5 weeks. I had my first ride this AM and it looks like my only one for quite a while. Fishing business has been busy after an extremely slow slow-season… The trails are in good shape and all that needs to be done is cutting back of the vegetation.

#589 ·
^^LOL! The course has been laid out and so far 99.99% of the riders like it. It does have some surprises in it as well. It is flowing, fast and suddenly a bit technical. However not too much so newer riders should have fun too.
The weather has been kind so far and if the rains hold off until after the "race" we should be fine. Most of the course is on higher ground after we reevaluated the initial lay-out yesterday because of potential rain. However it is MTB after all and who doesn't like a bit of mud?? See you out at the trails tomorrow!!!

#590 ·
Almost 300 riders showed their support for the trails yesterday and the race was a great success! The weather was great as the rain stayed away until well after the clean-up was completed. A big thanks to all our sponsors, donors and riders for a great fun day at Markham!!

#591 ·
Hey OscarW, I'm trying to join the Facebook group but I'm not getting approved for some reason. I'm just a guy down here in Boca Raton, ride at Markham once in a while. Can you help me out? I'm not a spammer, I belong to the Virginia Key Bicycle Club and do a lot of maintenance at Quiet Waters.

#599 ·
I was on the trails the previous weekend and enjoyed it fully after being on hiatus for about two months. Great new trails I am finding! Keep up the superb dedication and workmanship OscarW and volunteer groups!

Reactions: 475856
#600 ·
TM was a great success with 25 peeps showing up. Some even bringing their own trimmers too!! Most of the trails got a much needed shave.
We are now going 'gangnam' style on the AMTB trails as the grand opening of the full 4.5 mile system is planned for Saturday OCT 18. There will be a full press core, event tent and all kinds of activities for that day. More details will follow!

#603 ·
The conditions are poor with mud everywhere. I'd avoid the park for now unless you like spending money on drivetrains. The lake levels are so high that this is flooding the roads and pushing groundwater levels high enough that nothing drains. SFWM needs to start pumping out the area before the trails will be drying out... We just had another 1.25 inches dumped on us....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.