Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    I was there this AM and there is some damage on the trails from the rain this week. The two lakes are connected near Gunrange again too. The trails are dry, however with some trees down on some. This PM they were removed so all should be good to go for tomorrow. Again bring BUG SPRAY!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

... and if we just ...

Trails are dry!! Bugs are not as bad as before too. Just don't stand around too long...

mtbr member
    hopefully weather is good saturday afternoon ill be down there...
    2011 Trek 4300....
    2009 Specialized Elite Stumpjumper....

Great ride this AM! Trails are good and fast!

I forgot to mention that I found some gear at the bike-wash this AM... PM for details..
    Last edited by OscarW; 09-25-2012 at 11:14 AM.

... and if we just ... Trail build day coming up!

This coming Sunday Oct 7, we will start some much needed projects and finish the ones we started last time. We need peeps with some hammer skills to finish resurfacing most of the wood features and I believe we MAY be taking down the wall on Outback Extension, as it will be rebuilt in a more flowing clamshell style berm. Also many trails need serious trimming with all the rain we have had. We have another new trimmer and pole chainsaw too as well as a power roofing nail-gun.
    I want to add roofing shingles on top of High Point in Alligator, the left turn berm/bridge in Bermuda, the bridge in Warm-up and the berm in Fred's Folly in Gunrange for starters. If we have enough time, material and PEOPLE, there are a few more wood features that can use the non skid....
    Please meet up at 8:30 at the main gate...
    Last edited by OscarW; 10-01-2012 at 08:58 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    October 6 is Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day. So grab a kid and go for a ride. Activities scheduled.
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/e...5486196493982/

... and if we just ...

That is a great time with a large turn out! The next generation of MTB riders will strut their stuff.

... and if we just ...

It was cool to see the kids riding around the trails today. They ranged from 2 years old to 99..
    Great times!!

Tomorrow we will do work on the trails so please keep in mind we can use your help and that we may close a trail or two we are working on......

... and if we just ...

Thanks to all who helped out today. We ended up filling in some nasty holes on Gunrange, Ted's trail, Outback and dug out Big Gulp in Aligator. The missing log has been replaced and a berm built on top of the hill as you exit.
    Please stay off the closed sections as the rain will keep the repairs from hardening properly and I for one don't want to redo them again...

... and if we just ...

We are currently doing MAJOR work at Markham Park and tomorrow we will try to revamp Armadillo trail. We hope to get a few people out to help. We finished rebuilding the pump-track today and it is CLOSED till Monday. If you have a few hours to lend a hand, it will be greatly appreciated. Even if you can't lift heavy stuff some much needed cut-back of the vegetation is needed in a bad way. The majority of the heavy lifting work will be dome with the Muck-truck and the bulldozer we have BTW...
    Lend a hand if you can, even picking up trash is of value!!!!

Some photo's on FB Markham Park Armadillo berm project | Facebook
    Last edited by OscarW; 10-15-2012 at 09:47 AM.

... and if we just ...

FYI...All trails except Rte 66 and Outback Extension are OPEN and in great shape. The wider bridge past Pipeline has a few busted boards so be careful there....
    Armadillo project went well and it is open but needs a few tweaks.
    Last edited by OscarW; 10-17-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Had a good ride this AM and Armadillo is sweat! We tweaked the trail a bit and traffic has to fix the rest.... So keep riding!!
    It appears some joggers went through the wood on the bridge after pipeline and it will need fixing, so be careful in there!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Had a good ride this AM and Armadillo is sweat! We tweaked the trail a bit and traffic has to fix the rest.... So keep riding!!
    It appears some joggers went through the wood on the bridge after pipeline and it will need fixing, so be careful in there!!
    Yea, those broken boards are going to hurt someone if they arent careful.

Are you sure joggers did that? It seems to be in the landing zone of the small step along that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    Yea, those broken boards are going to hurt someone if they arent careful.

Are you sure joggers did that? It seems to be in the landing zone of the small step along that bridge.
    We had several peeps running around in there and they were tossed out. There are too many busted planks for it to be bikes..Believe it or not but you'd be surprised when you walk some of the bridges.. The wood is very soft in spots and riding is a smoother faster motion than peeps running around on them. I helped resurface Pipeline and we walked on it and broke a few boards too. They were replaced of course. I'll close that part of the trail tomorrow till we fix the issue. I'll get in touch with the person in charge.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Thanks for all the work guys. Ive been going to these trails for the past 2 or so months after getting into Mountain Biking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Ohh yea, I should be there today after work with a couple friends. Weather has been pretty nice. Do you guys have a link to the facebook page? I tried looking for it but only found a page with like one picture and almost no posts. I joined it anyways but im not sure if thats the official page. Thanks.

Im a web designer/graphic designer by day so if you guys need any help with a website or flyers, etc give me a shout out. Im part of the Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) and i volunteer my services to them as well whenever i can. Send me out a message if you guys want.

... and if we just ...

Here is the link to the FB page for those who want to join in.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/59407841100/

The boards will be fixed on that bridge as it is in the race this weekend... I have had no time to fix it myself this week. Just be careful towards the end. Some peeps have been trimming the trails again too which is much appreciated...

mtbr member
    Here is the link to the FB page for those who want to join in.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/59407841100/

The boards will be fixed on that bridge as it is in the race this weekend... I have had no time to fix it myself this week. Just be careful towards the end. Some peeps have been trimming the trails again too which is much appreciated...
    and someone has been moving the route 66 blockade... During one of my first laps I come to the entrance and say to myself "awesome! its open"... it wasnt very far down the trail I had to kiss my stem and had a stick in my back which made a hole in my brand new jersey. I quickly turned around and walked myself out. People need to stop moving those blockades when the trail is closed..

and someone has been moving the route 66 blockade... During one of my first laps I come to the entrance and say to myself "awesome! its open"... it wasnt very far down the trail I had to kiss my stem and had a stick in my back which made a hole in my brand new jersey. I quickly turned around and walked myself out. People need to stop moving those blockades when the trail is closed..
    Tell me about it. It tickes me off to no end, that some morons think the trails revolve around them while NEVER EVER volunteering one minute to help out with anything..
    My buddy David closed that entrance this AM btw.

RTE 66 is CLOSED and will remain so for the duration, as the mud is too deep even for a cleaning crew to attempt cutting back the brush, let alone riding in there.
    For the latest info just go on FB page. I try to keep up with the Park here but FB is the best for the latest info. Sorry about your jersey as that would piss me off too...

mtbr member
    Tell me about it. It tickes me off to no end, that some morons think the trails revolve around them while NEVER EVER volunteering one minute to help out with anything..
    My buddy David closed that entrance this AM btw.

RTE 66 is CLOSED and will remain so for the duration, as the mud is too deep even for a cleaning crew to attempt cutting back the brush, let alone riding in there.
    For the latest info just go on FB page. I try to keep up with the Park here but FB is the best for the latest info. Sorry about your jersey as that would piss me off too...
    Hopefully with some of the money raised from the 12 hour race coming up they can buy some steel cable and maybe secure that gate in place so its not so easily moved. Or maybe post up on the FB page and someone can donate a chain.

Hopefully with some of the money raised from the 12 hour race coming up they can buy some steel cable and maybe secure that gate in place so its not so easily moved. Or maybe post up on the FB page and someone can donate a chain.
    There is money but it is better spent on building materials... But no matter what is done, there will always be some moron doing something dumb.
    We now resort to dropping trees on the closed trails we work on, so we can work without being run over. After all, it is very tough to miss the 10 ton diesel dozer going around...

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I was riding there yesterday and had a bunch of fun. Im new to this stuff but am quickly getting more and more into it. I tested out the strava app and am starting to log my ride. Went on the armadillo trail and the warm up loop for the most part. Does anyone else use this app and do i have to ride all the trails to actually see them? Bike Ride Profile | 3miles near Sunrise | Times and Records | Strava

In any event, im having a ton of fun. I might come buy one sunday to volunteer, however i do not know ANYONE.

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by JFaur View Post
    I was riding there yesterday and had a bunch of fun. Im new to this stuff but am quickly getting more and more into it. I tested out the strava app and am starting to log my ride. Went on the armadillo trail and the warm up loop for the most part. Does anyone else use this app and do i have to ride all the trails to actually see them? Bike Ride Profile | 3miles near Sunrise | Times and Records | Strava

In any event, im having a ton of fun. I might come buy one sunday to volunteer, however i do not know ANYONE.
    Glad you're having fun! I didn't know anyone either but after a few times of working there the crew got to know me and we all get alone quite well.
    "If you have a particular set of skills acquired over a long time", you're more than welcome, and the same applies even if you have no skills too... Sometimes it is hard work and sometimes easy. We can always use an extra set of hands as you can imagine..

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    "If you have a particular set of skills acquired over a long time",
    LOL, you're not going to kidnap my daughter are you?

No not at all. I was referring to your skills..LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast