Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    All this rain today (and tomorrow, looks like) has me wondering - do they close the trails at all for this? I'd doubt it, as erosion isn't an especially big problem down here, but just a thought to save me a long hike out there to get skunked.
    Anyone?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Barry

Hop Head
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryGXNZ View Post
    All this rain today (and tomorrow, looks like) has me wondering - do they close the trails at all for this? I'd doubt it, as erosion isn't an especially big problem down here, but just a thought to save me a long hike out there to get skunked.
    Anyone?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Barry
    Route 66 will most likely be closed, must most all others should be open, prepare to get muddy. I was going to head out myself this afternoon, but don't feel like mud in my @ss crack today.
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    From past experience with this much rain, 66 will be closed soon if it hasn't already.
    The park will remain open but it is in the best interest of the trails not to ride them while it is raining to avoid erosion. It is better to ride after the rain has passed. The plans are to fill in most of the lost elevation but that depends on $$ and manpower.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Surprise surprise! Rte 66 is still open and the trails are pretty dry and fast considering the rains of late.
    A few riders and I will be doing some cut-back on Warm-up, Gunrange and other trails tomorrow in the early AM, so please ride carefully as we will use power tools... The vegetation is now out of control in a few area's..

... and if we just ...

Cutback on Gunrange is complete and a few minor growth issues on Outback have been addressed also. There were 5 of us and even with power tools it took over 3 hours just to clear Gunrange!!

Hop Head
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Cutback on Gunrange is complete and a few minor growth issues on Outback have been addressed also. There were 5 of us and even with power tools it took over 3 hours just to clear Gunrange!!
    AwesomeToo bad its raining cats and dogs and won't last long..
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by toofdoc View Post
    AwesomeToo bad its raining cats and dogs and won't last long..
    I have high hopes it lasts for a few weeks at least. So far the rain has not been too bad and I hope that the Fakawi event/race tomorrow will go on.

Hop Head
    I have high hopes it lasts for a few weeks at least. So far the rain has not been too bad and I hope that the Fakawi event/race tomorrow will go on.
    Do you know the route? I wanted to ride early tomorrow am if that is possible...
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by toofdoc View Post
    Do you know the route? I wanted to ride early tomorrow am if that is possible...
    No alas I don't. I know the guy that organizes it and he was mum about it...I do know that a levee is involved and that's all..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    About the event tomorrow, what type of riding is it? Please let me know so I can attend

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KinGisPro View Post
    About the event tomorrow, what type of riding is it? Please let me know so I can attend
    Wet riding

KinGisPro..
    Sorry I got back so late...I didn't ride but got to see about 200 peeps who did and all had smiles on their faces despite the wet weather...
    I hope you got out and rode today too!

... and if we just ...

Rode this AM and the trails are in great shape despite the rain in the weekend . It looks like we're drying out a little, so the few mud puddles that are present should be gone shortly.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    gonna ride this afternoon.....BIG THANKS to all the people that keep the trails in great shape despite the **** weather that we have been having letely! AWESOME JOB! Also, thanks for always adding new trails!

Good job!

^^ Hope you had a great ride!

This coming Sunday July 1st is trail maintenance day in Markham and we sure can use a few peeps with cut back of the overbearing vegetation... There will be some trail repair too, but personally I will focus on cutting the veggies which in turn will reduce the bugs too...

Amazing that when work is mentioned a thread slows way down.....

We did a lot of trimming and added a new little trail as well. Also fixed were a few of the log-overs/drops like the one at Iguana trail leading into Fisherman's Loop. It was quite warm so unfortunately not too many people showed up... Oh well next time around

banned
    May 2012
    Just went to this place for the 2nd time today. Ate s*** 4 times today. outch
    Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 07-01-2012 at 07:37 PM.

Gears... I hate gears
    Sep 2011
    We did a lot of trimming and added a new little trail as well. Also fixed were a few of the log-overs/drops like the one at Iguana trail leading into Fisherman's Loop. It was quite warm so unfortunately not too many people showed up... Oh well next time around
    unfortunately, my paperwork was not approved in time but I did see you guys out on the trail. Thanks! I will definitely be there next month.

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by reedfe View Post
    unfortunately, my paperwork was not approved in time but I did see you guys out on the trail. Thanks! I will definitely be there next month.
    Cool!!

Hop Head
    Who is planning on heading out this afternoon? I may be bringing a cooler full of cold ones...
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

Rodizio
    Jul 2011
    love this trail system...

I forgot my shades last time I went and had my left contact lens snatched off my eye by some vegetation...had to get rid of the right one too because it's too weird to have one eyesight blurry and the other normal...

Quote Originally Posted by MysticKJ View Post
    love this trail system...

I forgot my shades last time I went and had my left contact lens snatched off my eye by some vegetation...had to get rid of the right one too because it's too weird to have one eyesight blurry and the other normal...
    Oops. I had to use my cheap spare glasses yesterday as I forgot my riding glasses too. I won't ride in any trail system without glasses as an eye is easily lost....
    We have been trying to cut down as much vegetation as possible, but there is always something growing back pretty quickly.
    The trails should be totally done for the 'Rumble in the Jungle' race in early August.

... and if we just ...

The 15th we will be trying to cut back the remainder of the trails. Last Friday, only Warmup loop was done, so there remains lot's to do before the Rumble in the Jungle race in early August

Check this out!

Fundraising Benefit Races

Hop Head
    The 15th we will be trying to cut back the remainder of the trails. Last Friday, only Warmup loop was done, so there remains lot's to do before the Rumble in the Jungle race in early August

Check this out!

Fundraising Benefit Races
    Do you know anyone that needs one for on their team? I'm not looking to finish first, just looking to have a good time and drink some beer after, if you know a team like that let me know..
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast