Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 653
  1. #101
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    46
    All this rain today (and tomorrow, looks like) has me wondering - do they close the trails at all for this? I'd doubt it, as erosion isn't an especially big problem down here, but just a thought to save me a long hike out there to get skunked.
    Anyone?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Barry

  2. #102
    Hop Head
    Reputation: toofdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryGXNZ View Post
    All this rain today (and tomorrow, looks like) has me wondering - do they close the trails at all for this? I'd doubt it, as erosion isn't an especially big problem down here, but just a thought to save me a long hike out there to get skunked.
    Anyone?
    Thanks
    Cheers
    Barry
    Route 66 will most likely be closed, must most all others should be open, prepare to get muddy. I was going to head out myself this afternoon, but don't feel like mud in my @ss crack today.
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

  3. #103
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820
    From past experience with this much rain, 66 will be closed soon if it hasn't already.
    The park will remain open but it is in the best interest of the trails not to ride them while it is raining to avoid erosion. It is better to ride after the rain has passed. The plans are to fill in most of the lost elevation but that depends on $$ and manpower.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  4. #104
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820
    Surprise surprise! Rte 66 is still open and the trails are pretty dry and fast considering the rains of late.
    A few riders and I will be doing some cut-back on Warm-up, Gunrange and other trails tomorrow in the early AM, so please ride carefully as we will use power tools... The vegetation is now out of control in a few area's..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  5. #105
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820

    ... and if we just ...

    Cutback on Gunrange is complete and a few minor growth issues on Outback have been addressed also. There were 5 of us and even with power tools it took over 3 hours just to clear Gunrange!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  6. #106
    Hop Head
    Reputation: toofdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Cutback on Gunrange is complete and a few minor growth issues on Outback have been addressed also. There were 5 of us and even with power tools it took over 3 hours just to clear Gunrange!!
    AwesomeToo bad its raining cats and dogs and won't last long..
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

  7. #107
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by toofdoc View Post
    AwesomeToo bad its raining cats and dogs and won't last long..
    I have high hopes it lasts for a few weeks at least. So far the rain has not been too bad and I hope that the Fakawi event/race tomorrow will go on.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  8. #108
    Hop Head
    Reputation: toofdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    I have high hopes it lasts for a few weeks at least. So far the rain has not been too bad and I hope that the Fakawi event/race tomorrow will go on.
    Do you know the route? I wanted to ride early tomorrow am if that is possible...
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

  9. #109
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by toofdoc View Post
    Do you know the route? I wanted to ride early tomorrow am if that is possible...
    No alas I don't. I know the guy that organizes it and he was mum about it...I do know that a levee is involved and that's all..
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    26
    About the event tomorrow, what type of riding is it? Please let me know so I can attend

  11. #111
    mtbr member
    Reputation: FLMike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by KinGisPro View Post
    About the event tomorrow, what type of riding is it? Please let me know so I can attend
    Wet riding

  12. #112
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820
    KinGisPro..
    Sorry I got back so late...I didn't ride but got to see about 200 peeps who did and all had smiles on their faces despite the wet weather...
    I hope you got out and rode today too!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  13. #113
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820

    ... and if we just ...

    Rode this AM and the trails are in great shape despite the rain in the weekend . It looks like we're drying out a little, so the few mud puddles that are present should be gone shortly.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14
    gonna ride this afternoon.....BIG THANKS to all the people that keep the trails in great shape despite the **** weather that we have been having letely! AWESOME JOB! Also, thanks for always adding new trails!

  15. #115
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820

    Good job!

    ^^ Hope you had a great ride!

    This coming Sunday July 1st is trail maintenance day in Markham and we sure can use a few peeps with cut back of the overbearing vegetation... There will be some trail repair too, but personally I will focus on cutting the veggies which in turn will reduce the bugs too...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  16. #116
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820
    Amazing that when work is mentioned a thread slows way down.....
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  17. #117
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820
    We did a lot of trimming and added a new little trail as well. Also fixed were a few of the log-overs/drops like the one at Iguana trail leading into Fisherman's Loop. It was quite warm so unfortunately not too many people showed up... Oh well next time around
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  18. #118
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    66
    Just went to this place for the 2nd time today. Ate s*** 4 times today. outch
    Last edited by TheYoungConnoisseur; 07-01-2012 at 07:37 PM.

  19. #119
    Gears... I hate gears
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    We did a lot of trimming and added a new little trail as well. Also fixed were a few of the log-overs/drops like the one at Iguana trail leading into Fisherman's Loop. It was quite warm so unfortunately not too many people showed up... Oh well next time around
    unfortunately, my paperwork was not approved in time but I did see you guys out on the trail. Thanks! I will definitely be there next month.

  20. #120
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by reedfe View Post
    unfortunately, my paperwork was not approved in time but I did see you guys out on the trail. Thanks! I will definitely be there next month.
    Cool!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  21. #121
    Hop Head
    Reputation: toofdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    140
    Who is planning on heading out this afternoon? I may be bringing a cooler full of cold ones...
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

  22. #122
    Rodizio
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    161
    love this trail system...

    I forgot my shades last time I went and had my left contact lens snatched off my eye by some vegetation...had to get rid of the right one too because it's too weird to have one eyesight blurry and the other normal...

  23. #123
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticKJ View Post
    love this trail system...

    I forgot my shades last time I went and had my left contact lens snatched off my eye by some vegetation...had to get rid of the right one too because it's too weird to have one eyesight blurry and the other normal...
    Oops. I had to use my cheap spare glasses yesterday as I forgot my riding glasses too. I won't ride in any trail system without glasses as an eye is easily lost....
    We have been trying to cut down as much vegetation as possible, but there is always something growing back pretty quickly.
    The trails should be totally done for the 'Rumble in the Jungle' race in early August.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  24. #124
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,820

    ... and if we just ...

    The 15th we will be trying to cut back the remainder of the trails. Last Friday, only Warmup loop was done, so there remains lot's to do before the Rumble in the Jungle race in early August

    Check this out!

    Fundraising Benefit Races
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  25. #125
    Hop Head
    Reputation: toofdoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    The 15th we will be trying to cut back the remainder of the trails. Last Friday, only Warmup loop was done, so there remains lot's to do before the Rumble in the Jungle race in early August

    Check this out!

    Fundraising Benefit Races
    Do you know anyone that needs one for on their team? I'm not looking to finish first, just looking to have a good time and drink some beer after, if you know a team like that let me know..
    2011 GF Hifi Pro

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •