Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 651
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bustermin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    62
    Be glad to lend a hand. See you all there.

  2. #52
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815

    ... and if we just ...

    Thanks to all the folks who helped out! We got a lot done and the new trails are open!!!
    You can now ride all of Armadillo without the cut-off, come out at the top, make a left toward the dump and ride Iguana trail (black diamond!!) down into the now REVERSED Fisherman's Loop and back up the hill parallel to Armadillo. It is pretty easy to find all this as there are signs everywhere...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  3. #53
    Gears... I hate gears
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    215
    did you guys reverse the outback extension like what was talked about?

  4. #54
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by reedfe View Post
    did you guys reverse the outback extension like what was talked about?
    No, we never got around to that part of Markham, as Armadillo and Iguana/ Fisherman Loop trails took a lot of work. Also filling in the holes in Bermuda and the Area 51 berm was more work than we expected. A new bridge was constructed in Black Snake /Alligator also, but I don't know if it is open for riding yet.
    We had a few peeps running around with machetes to trim up the place too. A lot of work was done....
    I haven't ridden the trails yet, hopefully tomorrow AM.
    If we have a similar turnout of volunteers next month, we should be able to get to Outback and Gunrange and really get ahead of the maintenance needed.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  5. #55
    Gears... I hate gears
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    215
    hmm what days do you guys work on the park again. I'll try to make it next time and get some friends down there too now that school's over (3 days!) Work a little then ride a little. It's a win win situation!

  6. #56
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815

    ... and if we just ...

    Trail maintenance is every first Sunday of the month. All help is welcome!
    I feel it really helps riders understand why certain things are done certain ways, when they help out maintaining the trails they ride.
    Sometimes it is a thankless job but keep in mind you do this work for yourself too.
    I rode today and was surprised at the weeds that still need removal. The heat and humidity was pretty bad and must have overwhelmed those guys too.
    The trail flow is amazing and I had a great ride this AM.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  7. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    138
    The repaired berms are awesome! As is the rest of the work you guys did. Thanks!

  8. #58
    Never Satisfied...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    606
    I'm going tomorrow morning and can't wait... I love the berms!

  9. #59
    Never Satisfied...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    606
    I'm diggin the new Iguana Ridge!!!

    The berms are railing and everything is flowing well...

  10. #60
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815
    I had a great, albeit very sweaty, ride this AM and it really flows well in there. The skeeters are really out in force, even in the parking lot ...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    383
    Iguana Ridge is awesome! I was too much of a wuss to huck the drop into that berm on my first ride through, but next time. And if I end up in the lake it might be a bonus cool off dip!

  12. #62
    Gears... I hate gears
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Trail maintenance is every first Sunday of the month. All help is welcome!
    I feel it really helps riders understand why certain things are done certain ways, when they help out maintaining the trails they ride.
    Sometimes it is a thankless job but keep in mind you do this work for yourself too.
    I rode today and was surprised at the weeds that still need removal. The heat and humidity was pretty bad and must have overwhelmed those guys too.
    The trail flow is amazing and I had a great ride this AM.
    Are minors allowed to work on the trails if we have already completed the safety video thing and have our card?

  13. #63
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by reedfe View Post
    Are minors allowed to work on the trails if we have already completed the safety video thing and have our card?
    I would think so, since we do get high school kids doing community hours that get signed off on by one of two people in charge. If you do community work you could get points for that at Markham...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  14. #64
    Zipper
    Reputation: rbtcha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    209
    I haven't been here yet but should be getting a chance soon. Just wondering how the trails would be on the Muni?
    Zipper aka Rob

  15. #65
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815

    ... and if we just ...

    Muni??

    As a general FYI; Rte 66 is OPEN!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    11
    You guys are getting me super excited, I've been meaning to come down but I have to borrow friends' bikes and I'm tired of Quiet Waters lol..

    I have a Jamis Parker coming in this week so I'll be there a few days this week and Sunday forsure!

  17. #67
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815

    ... and if we just ...

    Well the trail crew was at it again this past weekend and rebuilt the berm in Gunrange. It was MIA for a while and now it is back.
    The trails are in awesome condition!!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    383
    Hey Oscar - don't want to thread jack but this isn't worth a post on it's own so I'll ask then be done:
    Let's say a couple of mountain biking dads have some tikes who ride Striders. If we sign the appropriate waivers, would it be ok to take the little guys to the pump track for a few laps? We'd stay out of the way and I doubt they could possibly damage it, I mean each bike and rider combined weighs about what a mountain bike does. But still I'd hate to go and piss someone off.

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pablobaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    111
    Hi Guys, The park is in awesome condition! I will try to be there for the first sunday of July.
    by the way, can someone name all the trails and the order they should go to do the whole park?
    How long is the park now (distance wise) with the new additions and 66 open?
    Cheers!

  20. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    636
    Quote Originally Posted by pablobaq View Post
    can someone name all the trails and the order they should go to do the whole park?
    How long is the park now (distance wise) with the new additions and 66 open?
    Cheers!
    I posted the trail distance on post #12.

    As for the trail names: (not sure what the order is now things have changed a little)
    1. Warm up loop
    2. Rock garden
    3. Armadillo
    4. Redback
    5. Traverse
    6. Supercross
    7. Outback
    8. Upback
    9. Puma trail
    10. Gunrange (Skelator is in gunrange)
    11. Outback extension
    12. Double cross
    13. Crimescene
    14. Jetski hill
    15. Twisted trail
    16. Lost ring
    17. Grassy knoll
    18. Bermuda triangle
    19. Washing machine
    20. Alligator alley
    21. Big gulp
    22. Black snake
    23. Route 66
    24. Route 66 expert
    25. The cat walk (Circus)
    26. Deep dark forest (originally it was the entrance)

  21. #71
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by GT5050 View Post
    Hey Oscar - don't want to thread jack but this isn't worth a post on it's own so I'll ask then be done:
    Let's say a couple of mountain biking dads have some tikes who ride Striders. If we sign the appropriate waivers, would it be ok to take the little guys to the pump track for a few laps? We'd stay out of the way and I doubt they could possibly damage it, I mean each bike and rider combined weighs about what a mountain bike does. But still I'd hate to go and piss someone off.
    After you have done the video and the waivers, you are more than welcome to ride around with your kids. The trails are open to anyone, but keep in mind that mad skills are needed on few of them.
    I see a lot of dad's and their kids on the pump track and as long as you stay on the track and don't ride of the sides you're all good to go... Enjoy!!

    This weekend there MAY be some more work going on from what I gathered....
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  22. #72
    FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Reputation: OscarW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,815

    ... and if we just ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RaveOn View Post
    I posted the trail distance on post #12.

    As for the trail names: (not sure what the order is now things have changed a little)
    1. Warm up loop
    2. Rock garden
    3. Armadillo
      * Iguana Trail into Fishermans loop
    4. Redback
    5. Traverse
      * Area 51 with Pipeline into Las Olas before you go off into Huck You
    6. Supercross
    7. Outback
    8. Upback
    9. Puma trail
    10. Gunrange (Skelator is in gunrange)
    11. Outback extension
    12. Double cross
    13. Crimescene
    14. Jetski hill
    15. Twisted trail
    16. Lost ring
    17. Grassy knoll
    18. Bermuda triangle
    19. Washing machine with the big new Tabletop
    20. Alligator alley
    21. Big gulp
    22. Black snake
    23. Route 66
    24. Route 66 expert
    25. The cat walk (Circus)
    26. Deep dark forest (originally it was the entrance)
    Pretty spot on, but Deep Dark is now part of Rockgarden as they merged these trails into one longer trail. I added a few new trails/names since they are recent additions.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    After you have done the video and the waivers, you are more than welcome to ride around with your kids. The trails are open to anyone, but keep in mind that mad skills are needed on few of them.
    I see a lot of dad's and their kids on the pump track and as long as you stay on the track and don't ride of the sides you're all good to go... Enjoy!!

    This weekend there MAY be some more work going on from what I gathered....
    Cool thanks! I ride the park fairly often s I'm familiar and I watched the video when it was first implemented, but I was just looking at the pump track as a cool thing for the kiddos, thanks for clarifying that it would be ok!

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    527
    Just wanted to say I love the new direction and stuff that has been put in. I haven't been there in a long time and rode the trails out to Gunrange, then went back to the pumptrack for a few laps.

    Also, whoever laid out the pumptrack distances of the rollers and jumps did a great job. Most are built to tight and makes them slow and much more work. It's fast and fun, like a BMX rhythm straight. The only things I see that could make it better would be one more roller before the step-up going into the berm (this might have been where you were running the bobcat in and out) and a change of direction line somewhere in the middle. Still, definitly one of the funnest ones if ridden. Great job, can wait to head back.

  25. #75
    Rodizio
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by GT5050 View Post
    Iguana Ridge is awesome! I was too much of a wuss to huck the drop into that berm on my first ride through, but next time. And if I end up in the lake it might be a bonus cool off dip!
    that drop into the berm caught me off guard as well...

    I'm trying to get more comfortable riding drops off edges into either flat or angled landings...

    how do you train for drops like that? I've never practiced those because i've only seen drops of that size and nothing in-between to practice on? I know QW has a skills course which seems to have a few drop offs there to practice on, but that is kinda far?

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •