Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009

April 19/20

Any events at Markham this weekend?

I don't do FB...

mtbr member
    i dont think theres anything special happening other then perfect weather

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Not that I am aware of either, but I am also not in town or haven't been in 5 weeks. I had my first ride this AM and it looks like my only one for quite a while. Fishing business has been busy after an extremely slow slow-season… The trails are in good shape and all that needs to be done is cutting back of the vegetation.
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009

Markham Park Info

Thanks guys!

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Are the Trails going to be open on Sunday? Heading over for the 1st time.

Thanks

Yes the trails will be open except for those that will be worked on. I have no idea what is being done as I haven't been in town for several weeks. Just keep an eye out for the trail crew and enjoy the ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Careful entering Fishing Hold loop from the fire road. Huge tree knocked over in the storms last week. Feel over at the roots.
    Still looking for mountains in Florida

Has been cleared up last Saturday already. My brother and I, with another guy, took care of it and Iguana Ridge too. Warmup was cleared as well. I guess the 40MPH did gusts were too much for these trees..

Mark your Calendars as the Rumble of the Jungle is on August 3rd and the trails will be closed during the race.

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009

Markham Park Info

Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    Mark your Calendars as the Rumble of the Jungle is on August 3rd and the trails will be closed during the race.
    Saw the flyers this past weekend... Thanks!

mtbr member
    Does Markham mountain bike trails have a Facebook page that updates the trail status?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    Does Markham mountain bike trails have a Facebook page that updates the trail status?
    Yes. surprisingly, its called "Markham Park Mountain Bikers".. I dont know how they came up with the name..
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

mtbr member
    Yup!

^^LOL! The course has been laid out and so far 99.99% of the riders like it. It does have some surprises in it as well. It is flowing, fast and suddenly a bit technical. However not too much so newer riders should have fun too.
    The weather has been kind so far and if the rains hold off until after the "race" we should be fine. Most of the course is on higher ground after we reevaluated the initial lay-out yesterday because of potential rain. However it is MTB after all and who doesn't like a bit of mud?? See you out at the trails tomorrow!!!

Almost 300 riders showed their support for the trails yesterday and the race was a great success! The weather was great as the rain stayed away until well after the clean-up was completed. A big thanks to all our sponsors, donors and riders for a great fun day at Markham!!

Hi There!
    Hey OscarW, I'm trying to join the Facebook group but I'm not getting approved for some reason. I'm just a guy down here in Boca Raton, ride at Markham once in a while. Can you help me out? I'm not a spammer, I belong to the Virginia Key Bicycle Club and do a lot of maintenance at Quiet Waters.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thegweed View Post
    Hey OscarW, I'm trying to join the Facebook group but I'm not getting approved for some reason. I'm just a guy down here in Boca Raton, ride at Markham once in a while. Can you help me out? I'm not a spammer, I belong to the Virginia Key Bicycle Club and do a lot of maintenance at Quiet Waters.

Same here I have asked to join the group since I posted but I cannot get approved. I'm also a paying member of the VK mtb club.

Ok guys PM me your names and I will get you on the page as I am an FB admin also..

More Human Than Human
    Ok guys PM me your names and I will get you on the page as I am an FB admin also..
    Hello OscarW,

Please add me as well!
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
    -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by THX-1138 View Post
    Hello OscarW,

Please add me as well!
    Can do!

Please remember, this is to all folks who want to join, that we will boot spammers and peeps who stir the pot too much. It is about Markham trails and not about your personal life, GF issues and alimony payments etc…

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Can do!

Please remember, this is to all folks who want to join, that we will boot spammers and peeps who stir the pot too much. It is about Markham trails and not about your personal life, GF issues and alimony payments etc…
    Really wish youd delete all the stuff that people post about trails outside the state, and every and all bike/parts for sale too!
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

Quote Originally Posted by SandSpur View Post
    Really wish youd delete all the stuff that people post about trails outside the state, and every and all bike/parts for sale too!
    We are keeping an eye on that, and I have deleted some of the most blatant stuff. There are 6 admins and we all have different opinions on what goes and what not
    We don't mind MTB stuff from other places as we are all about the sport but when it gets out of hand I will apply the hammer..

Tomorrow is Trail maintenance in Markham. We are doing a lot of cut back so expect workers all over the trails and even some temporary trail closures..

More Human Than Human
    I was on the trails the previous weekend and enjoyed it fully after being on hiatus for about two months. Great new trails I am finding! Keep up the superb dedication and workmanship OscarW and volunteer groups!
    "I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
    -Confucius

TM was a great success with 25 peeps showing up. Some even bringing their own trimmers too!! Most of the trails got a much needed shave.
    We are now going 'gangnam' style on the AMTB trails as the grand opening of the full 4.5 mile system is planned for Saturday OCT 18. There will be a full press core, event tent and all kinds of activities for that day. More details will follow!

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast