Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    This coming Sunday, the trails at Markham will be CLOSED due to the Jamaican Jerk Fest.
    Thanks for the heads up, I got caught in that fiasco last year and it took us an hour just to drive through because it was one way and we had to exit out the side by 8th street I think.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    You're welcome! It was a nightmare last year and we posted this closure up on FB as well. We will be doing some work in the trails but that is about it. Only patrollers riding a bike will have a shot at getting in with all the people around. The gates will be locked so anyone caught in the trails will put to work..LOL!
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009

Markham Park Info

Anything going on at Markham Thanksgiving weekend?

I have some friends coming down to ride...

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD33 View Post
    Anything going on at Markham Thanksgiving weekend?

I have some friends coming down to ride...

Thanks!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/59407841100/
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SandSpur View Post
    Thanks, but I don't do the Facebook thing........

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD33 View Post
    Thanks, but I don't do the Facebook thing........
    Thats too bad, thats the only accurate place ive found where every event for every trail in south florida is posted..
    Put a mountain biker in a room with 2 bowling balls and we'll break one and lose the other - GelatiCruiser

November 29 the Park is closed… I have no idea why..

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    November 29 the Park is closed… I have no idea why..
    probably a floating holiday for park employees.. most government jobs give the day after thanksgiving

^Yeah I guess so.

Today we had a fundraiser race and it was awesome! There were 75 racers, nobody actually was too serious and we all had a great time, good food and beer and raised some $$ for cancer research and the trails!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    ^Yeah I guess so.

Today we had a fundraiser race and it was awesome! There were 75 racers, nobody actually was too serious and we all had a great time, good food and beer and raised some $$ for cancer research and the trails!!
    Its too bad they scheduled it on the day of a FSC/CC race... they easily could have doubled the turnout otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by SandSpur View Post
    Its too bad they scheduled it on the day of a FSC/CC race... they easily could have doubled the turnout otherwise.
    That was bad planning but they had no choice as they started late in doing so. The Jerk fest was in the way and so this was the only weekend left for them.Next year promises to be better as they are already getting it all planned out so more folks will be there. This was considered a bit of a test run. I hope that they get the same peeps doing the food as that was most excellent!! The upside too was that for us patrollers we had very little to do, if you consider that we needed to call the police for a few very rude people threatening one of our guys and breaking course tape…

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    That was bad planning but they had no choice as they started late in doing so. The Jerk fest was in the way and so this was the only weekend left for them.Next year promises to be better as they are already getting it all planned out so more folks will be there. This was considered a bit of a test run. I hope that they get the same peeps doing the food as that was most excellent!! The upside too was that for us patrollers we had very little to do, if you consider that we needed to call the police for a few very rude people threatening one of our guys and breaking course tape…
    Nice, did they get trespassed from ever riding Markham again?

No, alas they bailed when we called the cops. Even though they came pretty quickly, they were too late to catch them. At least we have photo's of them.

More Human Than Human
    November 30, 2013 - Markham Park: Meteorologist "predicted" 0% precipitation and fairly warm weather (~80 F) but received wet, muddy, 67 F (cool for So. Fl.) and still had a blast! Specialized MTB Bikes were being showcased that day and one guy was taken out on an ambulance for underestimating slippery drops (hope he gets better, looked like a broken collar bone):

P.S.: Sorry for the double picture, I am unable to remove them after having them uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Markham Park Info-2013-11-30-16.01.09-markham.jpg  

Markham Park Info-2013-11-30-16.01.09-markham.jpg  

"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
    -Confucius

mtbr member
    I was out there too. I wrapped up my ride Just as the weather turned. I planned to stop by the specialized tent and test ride my future stumpy but the rain was coming down in buckets and it didn't seem like a good time to be testing new equipment.

More Human Than Human
    Note to self: I need to ride earlier!

I have just arrived to the trails when the rain started pouring buckets. I had no other choice but to ride it out since I have taken my bike in worse conditions.
    -Confucius

To the scumbag that stole the Echo chainsaw near Rt.66/Washing Machine last Sunday, pray to whatever deity you like that we won't find out who you are….
    This was the second chainsaw stolen from the trail crew and we are obviously pissed about this and are rethinking on how to do trail work in the future. We have had generous donations from many great people but this sh^t has to stop. Just thought I'd vent here..

More Human Than Human
    To the scumbag that stole the Echo chainsaw near Rt.66/Washing Machine last Sunday, pray to whatever deity you like that we won't find out who you are….
    This was the second chainsaw stolen from the trail crew and we are obviously pissed about this and are rethinking on how to do trail work in the future. We have had generous donations from many great people but this sh^t has to stop. Just thought I'd vent here..
    That has to be a very low level life form and desperate/hungry enough to pull something like that. What I find odd is that usually only "registered" bikers ride the trails and it should be very obvious that any biker riding out with a chainsaw out of any of the gates into their car. This was most likely someone or group that is tracking you guys each first Sunday of the month to make this stupid stunt. Sorry for the loss, hopefully there was some biker that saw this activity going on and could help report it to the authorities.
    -Confucius

Crash test dummy
    That sucks hope you catch that scum bag. I would set out a trap to catch a theif

Karma has a funny way and maybe one day that D-bag will get his "reward"

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Wow sorry to hear this! Bring a bike cable with you and fasten it to a tree when not in use

^ Thanks and that is exactly what will be happening from here on in. Sadly we live in a society where scumbags get away with crime all too often…

Trails will be CLOSED on SUNDAY DEC 9th because of the annual Toy Run. There will be thousands of motorcycles in Markham and very little room to move around.

More Human Than Human

Good job!

Trails will be CLOSED on SUNDAY DEC 9th because of the annual Toy Run. There will be thousands of motorcycles in Markham and very little room to move around.
    Thanks a million Oscar for the heads up! Much appreciated.
    -Confucius

You're welcome. I heard that up to 40.000 bikes could show up.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast