Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustermin View Post
    Somehow I missed that! Now I have to go back! Lol
    This is why I said the following on my original post..
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveOn
    Make sure you do all the expert/pro sections because going to Markham without doing those is pointless (IMO).
    Everytime I'm there I see many bypass many of the best features.
    Quote Originally Posted by ds33gt View Post
    The only other areas I need to explore are route 66(closed0
    Route-66 needs to be closed after heavy rains because its low land and floods easily.

(video cap is deep inside Route-66 in the OZ forest (circus).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Markham Park Info-markham-oz.jpg  

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide
    Rte 66 has waist deep water right now where that bridge is, actually flooding over parts of that bridge...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    That wall is actually a mistake in execution and it will be rectified with the next trail maintenance day. The trail is called Outback Extension and the trail will likely be reversed so that the wall will become functional. As it stands now the radius is wrong for the current direction.
    We just got a key piece of equipment ( Muck Truck ) to make trail building easier (if that's possible...) and we should be able to fix the trails faster after damage has occurred.
    It seemed very unflowy(is that a word?) the way it was, if you are rerouting in the opposite directions aren't there a series of small drops or something like that just before the wall ride? Will you de revamping that area as well?
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Rte 66 has waist deep water right now where that bridge is, actually flooding over parts of that bridge...

Only solution: we NEED floating bridges!!!!
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaveOn View Post
    Make sure you do all the expert/pro sections because going to Markham without doing those is pointless (IMO).
    I am very much a beginner, and I was tempted to try a few of the expert sections but there was quite a bit of traffic and I did not want to slow the trail for people behind me with more experience. Maybe next time, those expert trails look Awsome!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That Outback Extension wallride isn't too tough to hit you just need the right line. Get up high before entering the turn then roll down it through the apex and you'll come out fine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That wall is actually a mistake in execution and it will be rectified with the next trail maintenance day. The trail is called Outback Extension and the trail will likely be reversed so that the wall will become functional. As it stands now the radius is wrong for the current direction.
    We just got a key piece of equipment ( Muck Truck ) to make trail building easier (if that's possible...) and we should be able to fix the trails faster after damage has occurred.
    That sounds awesome. What will you guys do with the downhill step section at the end?

X/C trail rider
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour machine View Post
    If you were Involved in building Markham park trails please P.M. me I want to re connect with you guys.
    We meet for Trail Maint and building the first Sunday of the Month at the trailhead. 8:30am
    Stop by and join us!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMX5 View Post
    That Outback Extension wallride isn't too tough to hit you just need the right line. Get up high before entering the turn then roll down it through the apex and you'll come out fine.
    Thanks for the advice, I can use all the help I can get.

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by ds33gt View Post
    It seemed very unflowy(is that a word?) the way it was, if you are rerouting in the opposite directions aren't there a series of small drops or something like that just before the wall ride? Will you de revamping that area as well?
    From what I heard the whole trail will get much needed attention.

That sounds awesome. What will you guys do with the downhill step section at the end?
    That will become the new entrance from what I heard, but it's not set in stone....

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    That will become the new entrance from what I heard, but it's not set in stone....
    That doesn't make sense. They are several steep stairs (normally going down) so I don't see being able to ride up that unless they fill all that in or make ramps. Except for the odd location of the wall ride, I like that whole section the way it is.

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by RaveOn View Post
    That doesn't make sense. They are several steep stairs (normally going down) so I don't see being able to ride up that unless they fill all that in or make ramps. Except for the odd location of the wall ride, I like that whole section the way it is.
    From what I gathered that is the plan, fill in the steps, and thus reverse the trail. One dump truck load will take care of it. But like I said, it is not set in stone. The trail was one of my fave's until the wall was built...Actually one of the other trail maintenance guys wanted to drive the dozer over that wall last time we worked there....

Next trail maintenance day is Sunday the 3rd of June and we need all the help we can get as there is a TON of stuff to do. Vegetation is getting out of hand and in the way of riding... Much depends on how many folks show up to do some work. We meet at 8:30 AM at the trailhead, work gloves recommended as is bug spray.....

YM4
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    I miss Markham

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I have been to Markham 3 times and I love it, I am confused on the total distance of the trails. I usually end up almost 7 miles without Route 66. How many miles is the track?

Just keep trying!!!!!!
    i usually get about 8.5 milles w/o route 66.
    Roy

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have never been to Markham but I'm dying to go. I like to do my homework beforehand so I tried to look at the trail map online to see how the trails connect to each other but I had a really hard time figuring it out. Do the trails flow easily into one another or do you have to piece them together somehow?

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I had no problem hitting all the trails the first time I was there, flow is great and well marked. Pretty much follow the trail and you will be fine. Going to try to get there again within the next couple weeks.
    '14 Yeti SB95c--Pike'd

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptkaos View Post
    I have been to Markham 3 times and I love it, I am confused on the total distance of the trails. I usually end up almost 7 miles without Route 66. How many miles is the track?
    Without Rte 66 there is almost 9 miles of trail with al the new stuff that was recently added. Hopefully this coming build day (Sunday June 3), we will open Ridge trail that ends up in Fishermans loop which in turn will be reversed. Armadillo will become continuous again as well. Some other repairs will be made as well as much needed trimming of the vegetation..

Hop Head
    Without Rte 66 there is almost 9 miles of trail with al the new stuff that was recently added. Hopefully this coming build day (Sunday June 3), we will open Ridge trail that ends up in Fishermans loop which in turn will be reversed. Armadillo will become continuous again as well. Some other repairs will be made as well as much needed trimming of the vegetation..
    How long does trail maintance normally last? Thinking about comming out on Sunday...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    That sounds awesome.

There's a couple new trail sections I noticed along Armadillo that I haven't quite been able to figure out. Two of the outlets end into the waiting section before Redback. One is behind a picnic table and the other is kind of off to the side on a narrow rock hill. Are these supposed to be entrances or exits? I've seen people ride them both ways. It seems like they should be exits...

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by toofdoc View Post
    How long does trail maintance normally last? Thinking about comming out on Sunday...
    Usually from about 8:30 till XX:30 or how ever long you like to work or have time for. It really is a great time to work on the trails with other riders and fix stuff that irritates you as well. Things like low hanging branches,overgrown trails, holes in berms and trails, missing boards etc.
    There will be somewhat of a master plan for the most pressing issues, but every volunteer has input in what he/she would like to do or seen done to improve things. You can pick a task that falls within your abilities as well. I.E not everyone can carry 50# buckets of dirt up a hill.. We have a new tool to do that for us now. Sunday is the inaugural day for the Muck Truck!!!
    After the work is done, some of us will have a late lunch/beer at the bar across Markham too.
    Any work you can do will be much appreciated by all, even though sometimes you get comments from a few ( non volunteering) riders asking why we work on Sunday's..

C U Sunday!

... and if we just ...

That sounds awesome.

There's a couple new trail sections I noticed along Armadillo that I haven't quite been able to figure out. Two of the outlets end into the waiting section before Redback. One is behind a picnic table and the other is kind of off to the side on a narrow rock hill. Are these supposed to be entrances or exits? I've seen people ride them both ways. It seems like they should be exits...
    The one behind the picnic table is the exit, as the entrance is to the left of where you currently reenter Armadillo. It runs parallel to Armadillo up to that table.
    Ridgeline starts at the Dump across the road on the left of where you exit Armadillo. It is that big gravel hill that leads into Fishermans Loop. It will all make sense when Armadillo gets reconnected and thus uninterrupted the way it used to be.
    Can you come out Sunday too??
    I am asking since there is a lot of stuff that needs to be worked on before the rain really turns the trails into a jungle....

mtbr member
    I am going to try and head back down again tomorrow hopefully I can cover the entire park this time.

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bustermin View Post
    I am going to try and head back down again tomorrow hopefully I can cover the entire park this time.
    Cool! You'll be running into some construction and brush clearing as it is trail build day...
    Hopefully you can lend a hand????? Even if for an hour or so..

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast