Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    LOL, just saw taken 2 a couple days ago and I still have that line stuck I'm head.

FloridaKeys Fishing Guide

... and if we just ...

Too funny!

BTW the boards on the bridge after Pipeline have been fixed this AM. We also filled in a few spots on the trails that are in the race this WeekEnd..
    Not too much will change, but please keep to the race course as set out. We will start tomorrow AM with the changes..... Some trails or parts thereof will be reversed...
    Current ride(s) 2011 Santa Cruz Blur LT

mtbr member
    Is the race course that's set up high and dry? How much rain are you guys expecting in the next two days? We're heading down from NE fla tomorrow and I'd hate to drive five hours for a rain out.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Possum Jones View Post
    Is the race course that's set up high and dry? How much rain are you guys expecting in the next two days? We're heading down from NE fla tomorrow and I'd hate to drive five hours for a rain out.
    We will get a lot of rain (anyones guess on how much) but the trails should be fine for race day. They dry out pretty good and with some luck, they will be just right for the race. I am helping out setting up the course tomorrow and most of the course is high and, I hope, dry... There will be puddles in between the various trails but it is MTBing...
    The worst weather is the next 24 hrs and clearing on Saturday...

mtbr member
    Awesome! I'm looking forward to getting down south. Should be an awesome race weekend rain or shine.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

Great to have you down here and hopefully you do well. Enjoy!!

Rodizio
    Jul 2011
    is Markham open to the public Saturday or is it closed for the race both Saturday and Sunday?

There are many activities planned, so I'd count on limited access this weekend...

Gears... I hate gears
    Sep 2011
    Tomorrow will be my first race and I'm just wondering about events and other things. My race is scheduled around 11:30 and so I was thinking I should plan to get there at about 10:30 or 10 so I could see some of the other races start to see how that works. I'm assuming that there is going to be an area to check in to and get race numbers so I should allow time for that. I'm also allowing time for a little warm-up. Just how exactly will the check in process work and the race start work? Will they call you to the line or are you expected to be there? I also just saw on the website a rider's meeting at 9:15. Will I have to be there at 9:15? Is there anything else that goes on after the race?
    Last edited by reedfe; 10-27-2012 at 12:16 PM.

I'd show up early and get your race #. They will explain how everything works. I don't race and so I couldn't help you out on that... There are activities planned for after the race too. Don't forget your hydration stuff!!
    Have fun!!

Gears... I hate gears
    Sep 2011
    So I should probably show up for the 9:15 meeting then since this is my first

... and if we just ...

Yes, you could do that and get into the swing of things and watch the expert riders go at it too.

mtbr member
    The trail is in awesome shape. The race course as laid out is sweet. It should be a very fun race!
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

How did you racer's do today?? Post up please..
    I was part of the patrol crew but in my 'undercover' yellow jersey..
    Very few issues except with some non-racing peeps trying to get on the trails during the race..
    I don't know why some folks don't comprehend the word CLOSED....Anyway I think all went very well from what I have seen.

Gears... I hate gears
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarW View Post
    How did you racer's do today?? Post up please..
    I was part of the patrol crew but in my 'undercover' yellow jersey..
    Very few issues except with some non-racing peeps trying to get on the trails during the race..
    I don't know why some folks don't comprehend the word CLOSED....Anyway I think all went very well from what I have seen.
    I though I saw you out there Oscar! Today was my first race and I came in 10th out of 14th. not bad considering I had a flat and ran the last mile of the course. I had lots of fun today, learned lots about racing, and came out with the same amount of bones that I went in with. That's always a plus!

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by reedfe View Post
    I though I saw you out there Oscar! Today was my first race and I came in 10th out of 14th. not bad considering I had a flat and ran the last mile of the course. I had lots of fun today, learned lots about racing, and came out with the same amount of bones that I went in with. That's always a plus!
    Sorry about your flat but glad you had a good time!! Coming in 10 out of 14 with a flat is really good!!

mtbr member
    The only issue which I found annoying was all the vehicle traffic which kept coming past the goneriding trailer... vehicles that just seemed to be driving by sight seeing, not realizing the road was closed.. it was gridlock at times.. kinda wish they had a big ROAD CLOSED sign, so people would turn around way earlier

The trails were in great shape and those tight turns leading to the finish made for some good racing.

mtbr member
    I finished 8th out of 25 was also my first time racing..I should have done better some reason kinda gassed out had fun like the layout also...
    2011 Trek 4300....
    2009 Specialized Elite Stumpjumper....

... and if we just ...

Glad you guys did well. The traffic was out of our control even though we had the road blocked with a truck and a van. People are just down here...We had issues with keeping peeps out of the trails during the race. Fortunately we caught all of them in time...

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Rte 66 help needed this sunday!!

This coming weekend on Sunday @ 8:30 is Trail-build day and if anyone is interested in getting RTE 66 opened up, they need to come out and help cut the trail out. 6 Months of closure has made the trail totally inaccessible and the scrub and trees are too much for the usual 5 peeps that show up. The trail will remain closed for even longer, if not enough help is forthcoming... YOUR CHOICE!!!

I am working this weekend and won't be there to help, but if you like to ride that trail again than all help is welcome. If enough peeps show up they want to repair Upback trail that was destroyed by Isaac and open that too if possible. That trail is the blocked off one on the left as you start in Outback. The big project of Outback extension will be tackled in December.

mtbr member
    just wondering if they plan on opening that first big climb in outback anytime soon im guessing it got washed away from the rain?... And how long is that Rte 66 trail?
    2011 Trek 4300....
    2009 Specialized Elite Stumpjumper....

Quote Originally Posted by 11trk4300 View Post
    just wondering if they plan on opening that first big climb in outback anytime soon im guessing it got washed away from the rain?... And how long is that Rte 66 trail?
    That first climb in Outback is called Upback..and if enough peeps show up it could get fixed and reopened this Sunday. 66 is 3/4 mile or so?? Forgot it as it has been so long anyone could ride it.

Good job!

Rte 66 is now OPEN. Thanks for the help to those who worked on that project!!

... and if we just ...

We are currently repairing Upback and if all goes well we should be done tomorrow PM. So far we have dumped 20 loads with the Muck-Truck and we have more to do. We have 23.5 Tons of material to get up the hill.
    Also added in Armadillo is an extra berm just past the very big one...It should be good to go tomorrow AM.
    Outback Extension is on the list as we have 75 Tons of material staged on the double track between the lake and the trail..
    Some extra help would be appreciated as it is just the two of us working on these projects....

Good job!

UpBack is finished and should open on Wednesday. The Soil-Tac has to dry out and we have a bit of rain delaying that process. We dumped 25 tons of fill in there and when you ride it, you will see why....
    The climb in will be steeper than before, but smoother and should keep you from spinning the rear tire.. The decent is crazy fast with a surprise in the middle for those who like to get big air.
    The exit is completely bermed all the way into the next trail....
    There will be a STOP sign installed on the bypass, as peeps will have the right-of-way coming out of UpBack. The exit speed will be too big to slow down... My advice is to ride it once slow to re-learn the trail before blasting off..

We started the repair on Outback Extension and dropped 50 Tons of fill on the old exit ramp where the holes used to be. The dozer almost went over the side in the process...
    The trail will have a major re-route whereby part of the wooden wall will be re-used too. This redo will take longer as it is the biggest project to date. OBX will also be the highest point in Markham!
    For pics see the Markham Park Mountain Bikers page on FB...

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast