mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Markham Park 03-27 and 03-28

I will be driving down from Tampa for my job these dates...going to be right by Markham...anyone going out there in the afternoon? What trails are challenging out there? I would like to hit all of them...but if i don't have enough time would like any tips on trails that are "don't miss"...Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    The gun range trail is arguably one of the best trails in South Florida. For new comers the intersecting trails can be a bit confusing there. I'd also recommend the taking advanced/expert sections of the Outback can be challenging. Basically it's the most challenging park down here. Stick to Advanced / expert sections around the park, and you'll know why you brought a bike there

Have fun it's possible I'll be out on Thursday I usually show up 3-3:30 and there is a small crowd of regulars around. wheretocrank.com will give trail updates for all of SFL. I tend to ride solo on Th and stick to a casual pace and limit myself to advanced trails with some expert obstacles. Oh, after you enter the gate you'll need to stop by the office (left turn @ 1st stop in the gates) watch a 12m vid and sign a disclaimer. The pass is good for all Broward County Parks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    thanks for the info! I'm gonna try to download a trail map on my phone...just in case...

rubber side down
    I'll be there today with my son. We should be there by 5pm. I drive a green Honda Accord. We'll be riding a Trek and a GT i-drive

Awesome day here today, amazing!

Have fun, maybe we'll see you there.

-Chris