Trail Rider
    Jun 2009

Magnolia, Lafayette, and Cadilac Trails on 8/29/10

I teetered on where I'd ride all weekend due to the weather. I got into Tally on Friday and knew I'd have time for some biking on Sunday, just couldn't decide altimately where I'd go...

With all the rain, I was hoping Magnolia, Lafayette, and Cadilac trails would still be ridable; remembering them to be fairly hardpacked and not too many areas that would lend themselves to mud or puddling. We didn't get any rain Sunday morning, so I decided on that system(rather than Munson Hills, which I hear is sandy - so I was assuming better after some rain). It paid off, the trails were in great shape.

I didn't have the girlfriend with me this time around(she likes to ride, but she's new and we go slow and don't really go too far), so I was able to open up a bit from the last/only time I had been there. Rode through Magnolia first, did Kudzilla and one of the other double black areas on the far end(short loop). Made for a great warmup. Then hit the Cadillac Trails to the end, explored across the lake for a bit and saw where it Ts off into more multiuse trail on the other side of the CSX tracks. Where do they go? Had a great time, saw a couple deer, really enjoyed everything the trail had to offer. Despite it being 2-4PM on a Sunday, I ran by less than a dozen other riders.

Had a great time. Going back to the area this weekend... dunno where to go yet. Maybe more of the same, maybe Redbug/Lake Overstreet trails? Munson Hills? Who knows... recommendations are welcomed.

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    Ahhh, wish I was in Tally..... Tom Brown Park is a killer trail. You'd probably have fun at Munson w/ the GF, it's a mellow trail. Haven't been there in a while, fun place to MTB... Go Noles!