Where is my mind?

Mad Trials trail in Gainesville, FL

Who has tried the Mad trial trail, here in Gainesville? Is it a real trail; for that matter is it a legal trail?

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Ohhh tell me more......

Where abouts is this trail supposed to be? As long as it isn't posted it's legal!

the #1 Stunna'
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopod
    Who has tried the Mad trial trail, here in Gainesville? Is it a real trail; for that matter is it a legal trail?

I was riding with this dude out at The Rock, he mentiond the Mad trail. he said it was a pretty good trail.. then after the ride, he gave me some bunk directions. so i do not know much about the trail either. If you find anything out, let me know

Where is my mind?
    I've never riden there myself, and there are only two reviews (one good & one bad). I wanted to see if other people have tried it and if its got potential, then we can organize to work on it. Again, I haven't been there, myself. Just wondering what the consensus is.

Mad Trial trail
    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...3_4540crx.aspx

the #1 Stunna'
    I would be down with being on the maintaining and clearing of the trail if it is worth it. I was on a comittiee that did the same thing back in NC and i loved it

the #1 Stunna'
    I just checked out the reviews, and they are only a month apart. I am not sure how it can go from the bst trail in the area, to not rideable that fast....and it it is from Jan to Feb, so it is not like there was a big storm or anything. If anyone wants to put together a clean up crew...e-mail me. kawsakimx6@yahoo.com and we will see what we ca do about it

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Oh I know where that is. One of the guys I work with goes to the DJs out there.

I didn't know that there was any MTB trails though.

Where is my mind?
    Acme, do you know how to actually get there. I tried looking for it today and ended up on 43rd st.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

- Douglas Adams: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    43rd?? That is way off lol.

The easiest way to get there is from 34th. There is a road that goes west next to Ed's cleaners (between 20th and Archer). Follow that road west, a few hunded feet west of 34th the road turns to dirt. Keep going past some ghetto white trash houses until you are passing a lake/swamp on the south side of the road. Right after the lake there is a gate on the south side of the road. It's back there. There is also access from the road that parallels the interstate between archer and 20th, there is a old road or cleared area that leads back there from that road too.

I was going to go today but the rain came so I decided not to. I did drive by it though and the gate I mentioned above was there, which i think is new because I never remembered it being there before.. But I did not see any no tresspassing signs.

the #1 Stunna'
    If you all want to try to hit it up tomorrow, in the am - early afternoon, i will meet ya'll out there. Let me know if anyone wants to go and take a look at it, maybe, we can clean it up and make a sweet trail in Gainesville! Let me know.
    I has Bikes

Where is my mind?
    I'm no good in the morning, I'm at work 7:30-8:00 am. I may give it a try in the evening.
    "'I refuse to prove that I exist,' says god, 'for proof denies faith and without faith I am nothing'"

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    I'm no good till at least later thise week. Between work and finals I am swamped. I work at Gatorcycle so I might just bring my bike and head over there after work on Thursday or something to check it out.

the #1 Stunna'
    well keep me posted, i will be available after 5:30 or so during the week. I would be down for checking it out
    I has Bikes

Where is my mind?
    Found a few pics from hunnybun523 who posted the Mad trials trail. The first three are clearly San Felasco, but the next three apear to be the Mad Trail.

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&ppuser=277942

Thinking of doing a quick run tonight, say 6:00. Any takers?

Its got what plants crave
    The trail is right behind that appartment complex, behind the Butler Plaza movie theaters and such. It's a little side trail that will take you out to that dirt road, and I believe you take a left and look for an old crappy fence and a pond and it's on the left side. There are trails out there, with some dirt jumps, but no real cross country terrain. It isn't a big enough chunk of land for that it doesn't look like. The dirt jumps could be made rideable, but most of them have crappy run ins that don't allow any space or they're oddly spaced or poorly built with plywood or pallets. It has potential, but it's clearly private property, although it seems that kids are still riding/building out there.

Where is my mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    The trail is right behind that appartment complex, behind the Butler Plaza movie theaters and such. It's a little side trail that will take you out to that dirt road, and I believe you take a left and look for an old crappy fence and a pond and it's on the left side. There are trails out there, with some dirt jumps, but no real cross country terrain. It isn't a big enough chunk of land for that it doesn't look like. The dirt jumps could be made rideable, but most of them have crappy run ins that don't allow any space or they're oddly spaced or poorly built with plywood or pallets. It has potential, but it's clearly private property, although it seems that kids are still riding/building out there.
    That kills it for me. I'm not really into freeriding. Love to watch, but I don't have the skills.

Shortcutting Hikabiker
    Jim do you think that the "trail" with steep ups and downs is the trail that Mike and Shane started to clear out there a while back? The last picture makes the trail look pretty wide. I'm still going to go out there and check it out. Fred said there wasn't any MTB trails that he knew of but he isn't looking for any MTB trails either.

Those last 3 pictures are from this spot.

the #1 Stunna'
    did you guys make it out there last night? Was it good, bad, ok, not even there? Let me know.......Damn it the publick has a right to know! If you guys did not make it out there last night, let me know that too, and maybe tonight we can get our asses out there. and acctuly have some first hand knoldge about this place. Well let me know
    I has Bikes

Its got what plants crave
    Quote Originally Posted by Acme54321
    Jim do you think that the "trail" with steep ups and downs is the trail that Mike and Shane started to clear out there a while back? The last picture makes the trail look pretty wide. I'm still going to go out there and check it out. Fred said there wasn't any MTB trails that he knew of but he isn't looking for any MTB trails either.

Those last 3 pictures are from this spot.

Yup. Eventually they got busted and they fenced the place up so you cant get a vehicle in there anymore. But I imagine you could go back there and dirt jump or build stunts if you wanted to without much trouble. I don't think the cops regularly patrol it or anything, nor do I think they'd care. Bringing a Jeep in is a different story though. If the trails and jumps were more hard packed it would be an okay place to dirt jump I suppose. But building dirt jumps with sand isn't the easiest task.

Where is my mind?
    Sorry, since Jim said that its mostly a freeride park I decided not to go.