mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Looking to make a trip to Alafia in a couple weeks

I'm probably going to head up there from SE FL for an extended weekend. Anything I need to know before going? I'm mostly wondering about park hours and whether or not I'll have to sign a waiver or anything. Are there also any hotels nearby? It looks like it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Park hours are probably posted somewhere on a govt site. You pay to go into the park, no waiver. You must have a helmet (posted on a sign). You are a good 8-10 miles from any hotel that I would stay in (Plant City/Brandon). There is camping at the park if you camp. Not much around it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    I was there Sunday, first trip there. it is a Florida state park so it opens at sunrise, closes at sunset. That was 6pm for us. They want the trails cleared 30 minutes before sunset. I would print out a map from the SWAMP club website. The map they have at the ranger station is small and the print quality isn't great. Fun place to ride , don't forget your helmet, and as the other poster said no waiver to sign. If you are there for a few days you might check out balm boyette as well I have yet to go there myself but it is like 10 mins from Alafia.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    If you are going to be there for a couple of days or more DO NOT skip riding Boyette!
    don't sweat the petty things, and pet the sweaty things

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Ride Boyette and Loyce E Harper as well!!