mtbr member

LH Thomson Macon GA

I had a great ride today guys. The weather was bad but made for awesome riding. A creek had been flooded so big it made me ride it twice I didn't know if I was going to make it across so I prayed that if I went down- it was at least on the other side where it was shallow and not the deep section. So I droppped down the hill and hit the creek Great day for a ride

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Nice! Where is that? I live in statham.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    There's something about those long grueling climbs that gets my front end all stiff... And I'm not talking about lockout...

mtbr member
    it's in Macon Ga in the industrial park. It's located on the grounds of the LH Thomson bike facility. Nice trail and about a mile from my house

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I went down a few weeks ago crossing there. How is the clipless working out for you? I bet the trail are pretty wet after this past week.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stygz1 View Post
    I went down a few weeks ago crossing there. How is the clipless working out for you? I bet the trail are pretty wet after this past week.
    Awesome Stygz thanks for asking. Been down a few times but nothing while attacking the trail- only when I stopped on the trail

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    LHT is a fun trail to do a lap or two or three on. I ate it hard on the jumps at the end one time, my friends laughed so hard as the stars in my head faded. I still have the stain on one my jerseys...

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    We live in Ocala,FL and were thinking about coming up to Macon for a weekend mtb camping trip. Any suggestions on places to stay,and the best trails to hit?

Thanks, Jared

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thompson and childrens home are both good. If you got time drive up to daucet in jackson county. about 1 hour north of macon.
    2014 Niner RIP 9
    Full XT
    Rock Shox Pike 140
    Roval Control Carbon

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I agree, Daucet is worth the drive. Id rather play around on Daucet one day over riding the others on two separate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks guys.

We're going to camp at indian springs friday and saturday, and maybe ride Children's home on the way back sunday.

Jared

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Hey, we have a new 7 mile or so loop on the west side of town at Arrowhead Park on Lake Tobesofkee. It's a stout ride for sure. A lot more climbing than the Children's Home which, frankly, might remind you guys a lot of home rather than being something new. I know there is nothing like Arrowhead in Ocala. It is a quick jaunt off of i-475 if you want to hit it on your way back home. They have camping, showers and all the rest as well.
    "Bikes aren't fast--people are fast. Bikes are overpriced. It's an important distinction."---BikeSnob NYC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantB View Post
    Hey, we have a new 7 mile or so loop on the west side of town at Arrowhead Park on Lake Tobesofkee. It's a stout ride for sure. A lot more climbing than the Children's Home which, frankly, might remind you guys a lot of home rather than being something new. I know there is nothing like Arrowhead in Ocala. It is a quick jaunt off of i-475 if you want to hit it on your way back home. They have camping, showers and all the rest as well.

I love Arrowhead !!! the guys have done a great job on this trail. It's a brute with uphill climbs but what a great workout. Some great fast rolling sections in the middle of the trail and then back to the hill climbs. A good ride with beautiful views on the trail that wind around the lake

mtbr member
    +1 for Arrowhead! I happened to accidentally come across this place last Fall while I was there for a few days for work. I had my bike with me and had a few hours to kill so I stopped in there and happened across a couple locals that were gearing up when I pulled in and they showed me around. One of the best/cleanest bath houses I've ever been to after riding. Would be a fun place to camp/ride in the Fall.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for all the help!

We ended up riding both days at Dauset. It was a little warm,but we still had a good time.

Maybe in the Fall we can hit the other trails.

mtbr member
    Did any of you guys notice the dirt jumps at Thomson? did they look like they were upkept pretty well or had been ridden lately? Im taking a trip to macon this weekend and wanted to take my DJ bike along with my mtb.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sowegahippie87 View Post
    Did any of you guys notice the dirt jumps at Thomson? did they look like they were upkept pretty well or had been ridden lately? Im taking a trip to macon this weekend and wanted to take my DJ bike along with my mtb.

They're in ok shape but LH is a single track trail and no one has kept them up.. You'll like the trail though