Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

LBS Selling GT, Redline, KHS, etc.

848 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  ccd1977 
#1 ·
I am not sure where to post this. I am going to try so please help me if you can.

I am trying to find a GT, Redline, KHS or other NON-Big five brands. All I have here in Central Florida are Trek, Giant, Specialized, Jamis and Cannondale. I have not had the chance to ride anyother LBS bikes because they pretty much own the majority of the popular advertisements.

Does anyone know of another LBS that would sell other brands like Surly, Kona, GT, Redline, KHS, Felt, etc..??? I am looking for a mountain bike and upon purchase would like it to be rigid or the LBS to swap out the fork without incurred cost. 2 bike shops here do that but they are the big 5 mentioned.

#3 ·
lbs..

thx, i have done that already. unfortunately, most of those locations are no longer in business. i did manage to find one redline shop but they were insanely over priced and have done alot of people wrong. they were not listed on the site either.

#8 ·
Adventure Cycles in Winter Springs carries Felt (adventurecyclingusa.com). Retro City Cycles (retrocitycycles.blogspot.com) in Orlando and Loco Motion (locomotionbikes.com) in Winter Park say that they carry other brands (Felt at both, GT, Surly at Retro City), though I haven't been to either shop.

#10 ·
firezx said:
Adventure Cycles in Winter Springs carries Felt (adventurecyclingusa.com). Retro City Cycles (retrocitycycles.blogspot.com) in Orlando and Loco Motion (locomotionbikes.com) in Winter Park say that they carry other brands (Felt at both, GT, Surly at Retro City), though I haven't been to either shop.
I know of Retrocity. I cannot even step into his place without being hit on. He is a dude too. Adventure Cycles seems like a great place but whenever I ask about a rigid fork, they start telling me those are really more expensive than an air suspension fork and they start pulling away. Locomotion seems like an ok place though except for a rigid fork swap out, they charge you for that when buying a bike and expect you to keep the suspended fork. So far bike works is the best place for getting a rigid fork. They will buy back the susp fork and put the difference toward the bike and order you a new fork. You end up getting all this FREE and about $100 the bike if you go with a Surly fork over the Salsa one. I will see if the other LBS in melbourne stated below do that.

Thx.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.