thats right living legend

Lawreneceville trail info...

A buddy of mine recenlty moved too there and I'd like any fo on the trails for when I go see him again. My GF lives near Atl so I've ridden blankets lots "nice". Anyway I've looked up the reviews , looks promesing, though I've been burned on reviews before so anything current you guys can tell me would be much appreciated.... Thanks

Jason.

mtbr member
    Blanket's is a bit of a haul from Lawrenceville, but probably the best trail on the north side of Atlanta. Below is a list of others within reasonable (by my reasoning) weekday travel distance from Lawrenceville. On the weekend there are several in Athens, Dahlonega, Ellijay, and other parts of north Georgia that are the bomb and worth a day trip on the weekend.

Chicopee Woods (beg to advanced, great place to ride)
    Fort Yargo (beg to intermediate, great trial and getting better and longer, 11 miles right now, take your singlespeed)
    Big Creek (beg to intermediate, some new stuff that's challenging, it will get better soon)
    Gainesville College (beg, some challenge with all the roots, it gets better as you go faster)
    Central Park (beg, nice place for a recovery ride)
    Tribble Mill (I don't know much about it but I hear it's nice)
    Sope Creek (Intermediate to advanced, at just over two miles it way too short though and just an out and back)

Thanks..

I really appreciate your respons so quickly. I've ridden Soap it was kinda fun if you can go fast enough "but for all the bizillion people I would have scared the crap out of". Chicopee woods sound pretty sweet though.... Thanks!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I rode Tribble Mill Trail for the first time this weekend. The Horse Park Trail in Conyers where I live was closed for a high school cross-country race...argh, so I had to find an alternative. Tibble Mill is a fairly new trail I've heard, and overall it was pretty nice. It was fairly easy though, with a lot of flat trails, but there were a few difficult climbs and some fun downhill sections. The only bad thing is that the trail is almost completely unmarked. It took us a long time to find the trail head, finally from asking other people. I would ride it again, it was fun.

-William

mtbr member
    Man, how could I forget Conyers! It's a little east of town (out I-20), and a little more difficult to get to during the week. I would rate it above Chicopee though.

kbraunphoto
    I would definitally second the Horse park in Conyers. Being from Conyers i ride here daily. Its a very technical track. Hell they even held the '96 olympic trials here, its a great ride.
    Well marked, well maintained, and 2 singletrack areas for different types of riders.

Horses and Bikes, Oh My!
    www.sorba.org and www.southeasterncycling.com for some trail info.

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    A buddy of mine recenlty moved too there and I'd like any fo on the trails for when I go see him again. My GF lives near Atl so I've ridden blankets lots "nice". Anyway I've looked up the reviews , looks promesing, though I've been burned on reviews before so anything current you guys can tell me would be much appreciated.... Thanks

Jason.
    L-ville to Conyers can be done in 20min or less. Tribble Mill is fun and has a good variety of terrain. Yellow river is one of my favorites (very technical) but soon will be closed while new trails are cut. Another option is Fort Yargo.

Give me a shout (or post on www.sorba.org) when you are going to be in town and I'll see if I can get someone from our group (Gwinnett Area Trail Riders) to play tour guide.

Sean
    gatr at sorba dot org

Thanks alot!

Quote Originally Posted by SSINGA
    L-ville to Conyers can be done in 20min or less. Tribble Mill is fun and has a good variety of terrain. Yellow river is one of my favorites (very technical) but soon will be closed while new trails are cut. Another option is Fort Yargo.

Give me a shout (or post on www.sorba.org) when you are going to be in town and I'll see if I can get someone from our group (Gwinnett Area Trail Riders) to play tour guide.

Sean
    gatr at sorba dot org

I'll let ya know as soon as I can. This weekends kinda up in the air today, but I'll defanitly be there severle more times in the next few months, a tour guide would actually be great. Thanks alot I really appreciate it..

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Ridden Conyers for many years. Great, tough old olympic course.