mtbr member

Labor Day Trip from S.FL

I took off Labor Day weekend from that Thursday to that Monday. I want to drive north from Boca Raton and see some new trails. Originally I was just going to camp at Alafia for the whole thing but now I'm thinking why not travel more.

But I need help. Where are the good trails? Is there anything is Tallahassee worth going to ride? I have family there so my new plan was to make that my end goal. Start my drive Thursday morning and hit up Alafia by afternoon, stay at a hotel that night in Tampa and have dinner with some friends, then head north from there. I hear East Cadillac (Or is Lafayette?) is really good so I think that is my current end goal.

Anyways, help me plan my trip!
    Last edited by quote; 07-22-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Hi There!
    I recently did sort of the same thing for a couple days and was given the recommendation of Tom Brown in Tally, PORC trails in Pensacola, and Santos Trail in Ocala. Because of the rain situation I decided not to chance driving to Tallahassee so just rode Santos for a few days. It was a blast.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    May 2005
    You really don't need to leave FL, if you haven't hit any of the good trails yet.....Boyette, Alafia, Croom, Carter Rd, you can spend several days there, Then more central you have Mt Dora, Snow Hill and on east coast Graham Swamp, Chuck Lennon, Malacompra......way more trails than you even have time for. I have not made it to Croom, Carter Rd or Tom Brown, but they are on my list.

Jackalope Hunter
    Tom Brown in Tally is a lot of fun. Not necessarily worth the drive from Boca by itself, but if you are up there anyway its definitely worth checking out. In the park itself you have a BMX track, a pump track, a flow trail with tabled jumps and berms, the Magnolia loop, which is a great trail then you can access the Cadillac trail from the park. Cadillac is a lot of fun... and you can access a bunch of other Tally trails easily from there.

On the way or back from Tally don't forget about San Felasco in Gainesville... then of course Santos is a must. If you hit Alafia don't miss Boyette right down the road (and Carter in Lakeland is very close as well.)
    B Team represent

OMBA/IMBA Bike Patrol