Thread: Kovachi Wheels?

mtbr member

Kovachi Wheels?

Anyone know if John Kovachi is still around making custom wheels?My Father and I knew him personally, but lost contact bout 6 years ago. He was living in Marietta. I know he had heart surgery. I hope he is still kickin. He made some of the best wheels ever

Ex-Clydesdale
    Some of our local guys still recommend him.

http://kovachiwheels.com/
    '94 RSBikes Stampede (commuter), '05 Prophet, '09 Scattante XRL Team, '10 Slice 4
    Retired: 97 C-DaleSuper-V, 05 C-Dale R5000

mtbr member
    He's still doing it.. got some wheel work done by him about a month ago.

Kovachi is the man...He is still going strong. I've had him true up about 4 sets in the past month. All of them are bulletproof. He is the only guy in GA that I will take my wheels to. Give him a call and I am sure he will be able to get you what you need.

I hadn't used him in years, and I am really glad I am using him again now. There are very few people that know wheel building like he does.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I'm having him build me a front wheel this week. Tends to stock alot of sun rims and has some EN 521's on order as well. All wheels he's built for my friends and I have held up great.
    You can find his contact info at http://www.kovachiwheels.com

dirty trail dog
    I have 2 sets of Kovachi wheels. My kid brother used to race BMX for John, then he worked for him for several years. So I got the family discount. John Kovachi is The Man.

My current set of wheels was built in 2005, have been on 3 different bikes, and have never needed truing. And I wreck. Alot.
    yep...