Kohler
    Nov 2009

No good Just moved to JAX

I was wondering what everyone on here thought about the MTN bike scene down here. I see a lot of cross country bikes, but its so...flat. Maybe my assumptions of FL have mislead me a little. Where is everyone going with their cross country bikes?!

mtbr member
    Probably to Hanna Park, Graham Swamp, Fort Clinch or other trails. It's definitely flat in Florida, but we have no shortage of nature preserves & parks.

\m/{-_-}\m/
    When I lived in Jax I rode Graham 85% of the time, Ft Clinch 10%, and Hanna Park 5%. Hanna is the closest to most parts of town but it's also the shortest and flattest. Graham Swamp is worth the drive.

Gainesville isn't too bad of a drive either as San Felasco has a lot of elevation and Santos in Belleview is always worth the trip.

local jackass
    alifia, balm boyette, santos, gville has some good stuff ive never ridden gville but the others i mentioned are worth the drive
    His
    2010 FSR XC
    2010 ALLEZ
    Hers
    2012 Myka 29'r
    2009 Cannondale Synapse 5
    Down East Cyclists

ChiliPepper1
    Quote Originally Posted by wkbattle
    I was wondering what everyone on here thought about the MTN bike scene down here. I see a lot of cross country bikes, but its so...flat. Maybe my assumptions of FL have mislead me a little. Where is everyone going with their cross country bikes?!
    Yes, FL in general is flat with exception of the rolling hills of N and NW FL. If you want some elevation change, then ride Graham, Chuck Lennon, Santos, The Rock, Powerlines, Hailes, Alafia, or Carter Road. There are others, but spread out. These trails provide some elevation change but are nothing like up in the mountains north of us though. What we lack in mountains we make up elsewhere. If you want flat trail, then there is plenty of that here as well. Just do a search on our FL MTB trails and you will find many out there to ride. Happy trails!