mtbr member

Jupiter FL, peeps

is there anywhere nearby to mountain bike aside from Jonathan Dickinson? The sand is brutal out there. And are there any groups that meet at the trails?
    I just relocated from St. Augustine.

Scott

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    hey.
    you could try Dyer park in west palm.

Dyer Park

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Also north of you there is Airborne mtb: Welcome to Airborne MTB Club

mtbr member

JD ... no .. no .. no ..

Going to JD is like riding on the beach

As mentioned, nearest trails to you are Dyer Park (Force.org), Halpat Trail and Ft. Pierce (Club Airborne). Ft. Pierce trail requires club membership to Airborne to ride, but well worth the 20 or so bucks as it is the "fastest flowing" trail of the three mentioned.

You also have the Grapefruit trail north of you, but from what I have been told it is more of an all montain trail (jumps)... so someone might give input on it.

Farther south you have Pinehurst Trial and Delray (FORCE), Quiet Waters (Club Mud), and even farther south Amelia, Markham Park, and Oleta State River Park.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone.
    I am familiar with all the Ft Laud/Miami Trails ridden/raced them all. I was hoping for some good trails that are not 1 hour away.
    I will check out all that you have mentioned, starting with Dyer.
    Otteroni, I love the emoticon! I am an ss'er and that is exactly how I felt riding JD.

Scott

mtbr member
    any of you coming up to Felasco to do the 8 hours of labor in September?

Scott

yeah, uh............bikes
    I think Otto hit them all. JD isn't too bad if it's been raining, but the sand is always there, that's just the way it is. Ft. Pierce would be a much better singlespeed trail.

Grapefruit is a nice short loop, really fun if you enjoy some air time. There are drops and jumps sprinkled throughout the trail with bypass lines for everything. If you ride it, make sure you stop and check out everything before you give it a go on your first lap, the trail changes a lot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish View Post
    I think Otto hit them all. JD isn't too bad if it's been raining, but the sand is always there, that's just the way it is. Ft. Pierce would be a much better singlespeed trail.

Grapefruit is a nice short loop, really fun if you enjoy some air time. There are drops and jumps sprinkled throughout the trail with bypass lines for everything. If you ride it, make sure you stop and check out everything before you give it a go on your first lap, the trail changes a lot.
    Mike at Cycle Science mentioned Halpatioki in Stuart (not sure of the spelling) but I don't see it on mtbr trail review. Anyone been there?

Thanks again
    Scott

yeah, uh............bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by solo24 View Post
    Mike at Cycle Science mentioned Halpatioki in Stuart (not sure of the spelling) but I don't see it on mtbr trail review. Anyone been there?

Thanks again
    Scott
    flat, flat, flat. that was my impression of the one ride i did there.

mtbr member

Check this Site out

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFish View Post
    flat, flat, flat. that was my impression of the one ride i did there.
    Here is the club site that maintains Ft. Pierce and Halpat

Welcome to Airborne MTB Club

Ft. Pierce is a fun and fast trail.

Halpat is flat.... but the Zig Zag section is lots of fun. They have also added some short run ups near the middle point of the trail.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

PMK
    mtbr member
    There are more trails. Besides Dyer, as mentioned FORCE maintains Pinehurst and West Delray. Both of those are singletrack. Skill level varies depending upon who you ask and how fast you are willing to ride the trail. Trail length is a fairly short few miles max.

If you prefer distance vs technical, Grassy Waters>BlueGill Trail and the trail connecting them will give about a 50 mile out and back. With other similar trails added in the distance can be bumped up to 100 miles or more with minimal road riding to connect. Again, most of this is double track.

Grassy Waters alone can net around 25 miles.

There is also a short loop in Royal Palm Beach at the Rec Center. That trail is decent for a diversion when the others bore you, actually, it can be one of the most fun trails if ridden fast. Very twisty and narrow at the speed the compacted dirt allows. Has some wooden structures that aren't crazy but ridable. It's also a blast to ride this one with lights if ridden fast.

Truth be told, we have not been to West Delray in a long time, Pinehurst has been dumbed down to the point it is often depressing to ride there anymore. Currently we prefer Dyer, even with the few dumbdowns by riders not able to ride sections, it still remains fast and fun, add in the hill each loop and it is a good ride. Typically our more time spent on the bike is Grassy Waters and beyond type day trips, or any of the as we call them "drudge" trails in Wellington.

We have been to the new Quiet Waters a few times. We had a fun time and appreciate the effort of Club Mud. Anything further South we have not ridden since the 1990's. For the drive, we prefer to go to FTP, or other places like Boyette or Santos.

Probably not the type of trails you were asking about, just tossing them out.

PK
    Reps! We don't need no stickin' reps!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info pmk, I'm down for Dyer once I get my ss down here, perhaps I can ride with some of you guys one weekend. I hate dumb downs but what can you do. I'm happy just to ride and have ridden it all from Oleta, to Markham, to Hanna Park, to Fontana N.C. all the way up to Round Valley in Jersey. I love the mountains but Dyer and the others all sound great to me. I will check in with you all once I get my mtn bike down here. Also, will join Airborne soon.

Thanks everyone