mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Jake Mountain route suggestions

I'm going to north GA in a couple of weeks and usually ride Bull Mountain while I'm there. As much as I love the whoop-de-doo section, I heard that the Jake Mountain trails have been redone recently so am excited to try them out. Does anyone have a route suggestion for that set of trails? The map doesn't show a natural loop like the Bull Mountain trail side.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I like a CCW loop. Head out on 223H, right on 223Q, right on 223N (black branch), Right on 223O, right on 223P, right at 223P/K intersection, left on 223N right before forest service road (this will be off of a fire road climb and you will be able to see the single track down on your left across the creek), left on 223M (take either branch down...I like the left), right on forest service 28-1, left on 223J, and right on 223H to get you back to the parking lot. I think 223E has or is being re-done as it was very rutted up by the dam. 223F is a fun section and could easily be done as an out and back from the lot.

Have fun and watch out for horses and all of the poop!

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Thanks for the reply. I usually start my route to Bull Mountain with 223F - it's a good run both directions.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Did this loop twice over the past weekend. Somebody has put a lot of time and effort into grooming the trails and they are in great condition.

Be prepared for a creek crossing on 223H - fast moving water a little over knee deep, but can be crossed while riding the bike if you are careful.