Bro Mountainbiker

ITP Atlanta Singletrack

Howdy!
    Just moved back to Atlanta after 4 years in Tuscaloosa Al.
    I had heard rumors of ITP singletrack and I decided to look into it. I found this article and I am fairly intrigued.
    Trails 25-27: Inside the Atlanta Perimeter | Singletracks Mountain Bike Blog
    This article covers three, but I was curious as to how many there actually are inside the perimeter.

I live up in Sandy Springs now, and ride Sope Creek a lot before work in the AMs, but I am interested in Decatur as a place to settle down to when my parents house lease runs up!

Having back yard, local singletrack would make the decision a lot easier.

Linking up all of these trail systems on one ride would be sweet, and might finally justify owning a monster cross bike!

Also, I have heard rumors of Intown Tuesday night ride. Anyone know the details?

Thanks!!!
    John
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    This is news to me, I work less than 0.5 miles from Sope Creek so hit it regularly but live up north so Blankets Creek and Big Creek are my go to spots. Would be fun to hit these for a change of pace though so thanks for posting.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I used to ride Mason Mill when I lived in Decatur around 12 years ago but have not ridden there in over a decade. It was an okay trail while I lived in the area but that is about it; not worth driving to. I thought that I had heard something about the place getting developed into more of a "real" park a few years ago; not sure if that happened nor how that may have affected the trail

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    There is Mason Mill which could be ok at times after the rain takes care of the sand and someone is knocking down spider webs in front of you. There are trails on both sides of the train tracks but need some cleaning up. I would love to go back in there and clean it up if I had the time and some other people would be interested.

there is another in town spot that ive heard of but have yet to find out where it is and/or get permission to ride it. APB guys know more about it from what i hear.

as for that Tues intown ride, it starts around 8-830ish and goes for a couple hours, make sure you have a light set up cause they are hitting trails at night obviously. I dont remember where they meet though. sorry.
    stop by the Loose Nuts shop in grant park area they have more info.

I live south of grant park and would love to build some diy trails over here if anyone else is interested.

*edit* As far as ITP riding I have only ridden mason mills/water works. I just clicked on your link and those two other places I will be checking out asap. Thanks!