Thread: Issaqueena

paintbucket

Issaqueena

Went to Issaqueena for the first time the other day. Damn those are some smooth trails. Good thing they had just raced there otherwise I would have been lost immediately. As it was I did the race route a couple of times then ventured down to the lake. Pretty.

When the going gets weird its bedtime.

Two wheels are best
    Ya, they are pretty nice. I need to take Paula up there this summer...she's never been.
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

Drinker w/ Riding Problem

'bout time you made it out there!

Good trails Woog...the tourest ones... you need to hit the better ones ...are along the other side of the road from the Lake trails....Chain Breaker / Wounded knee / Grinder / Pig Horse
    nothing is really marked out the with the exception of the race loop (good ride)

another area to check out is the Doyle Bottom Rd trails Waterfall and Hunting arrow/Powerline are my favorites

for map check this site http://www.gcmbc.com/main.html hit the Trail Maps link on Main page Scroll down to find (not in the left scroll menu) good stuff!

i'm headed there after work. Mmmm Issaqueena Good

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Woog,
    Set up a ride with the G-wood boys in Clemson. They know all that stuff like you know Harbison! Of course after you've come back down this way and tried out our new trails.

paintbucket
    Brado, I knew I should have touched base with you in advance, but it was one of those (very rare fortunately) last minute "fugg it, I'm awake anyhow" kind of things. Next time.

Seenvic, if the weather cooperates this Sunday I may head over your way. I'm thinking of the connector or Parks though, as I need some mileage and laps aren't really my gig. I'd love some company if you're up for it. Maybe even Dark Star now that I've got gears? The following Sunday (May 7) is looking a lot better for FATS.
    When the going gets weird its bedtime.

mtbr member
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    Seenvic, if the weather cooperates this Sunday I may head over your way. I'm thinking of the connector or Parks though, as I need some mileage and laps aren't really my gig. I'd love some company if you're up for it. Maybe even Dark Star now that I've got gears? The following Sunday (May 7) is looking a lot better for FATS.
    Wish I could. My Sunday ride has to be AM, and fairly short. The twins are at grandma's all weekend, but come home before noon on Sunday. Liz is gone to HHI for the weekend. So, I gotta be there to take care of them. Actually, not a bad thing to have to do.

May 7th - should be a huge day at FATS. Weather permitting, we plan to open at least one new section that day and maybe 2. We have to get a bridge built before we can open the second section. I know FS isn't your thing, but Giant will be out there that day letting riders demo a few FS rigs. Also, it's SORBA CSRA's monthly explore the trails ride.

Quote Originally Posted by wooglin
    Brado, I knew I should have touched base with you in advance, but it was one of those (very rare fortunately) last minute "fugg it, I'm awake anyhow" kind of things. Next time.
    yeah give me a call (think you've got my #) or email... anytime you're up this way. show you the good stuff. i mean it's all good, but some are better than others.

here are some snaps i took from yesterdays ride. Doyle Bottom area. btw Ian (if you're readin' this) you're an animal!, scared the shat out of me, while climbin out. thought there was wild horse or something behind me, and poof you were gone, like i was barely moving. most impressive!

Heres the Good Stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

More Issaqueena

More Good Stuff
    Attached Images Attached Images

Two wheels are best
    Nice pics, brado!
    Never be afraid to try something new.

Remember amateurs built the Ark.
    Professionals built the Titanic.

mtbr member
    Good Pics BRadO,

I don't really know what Issaqueena looks like during the day . . . Seems I have always done night rides there and just followed somebody.

If anybody reading this wants to hit up Pisgah tomorrow let me know. My fellow riders are all comping out one way or another.

Ride on!

Want to vent?
    Nice pics, i raced on this yesterday (sunday)........those are some fast / nice trails....we had a blast....

-Boz
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"