mtbr member
    Dec 2007

... and if we just ... Interested in Mountain Unicycling (muni)? Free lessons, look here:

Okay, so we are few, but we are proud, muni is the bastard stepchild, red hair and all, of off road biking. As strange as it seems, you can actually learn to ride a unicycle well enough to conquer mountain bike trails.

I live in the Knoxville area, ride all over the Southeast, mostly just me and the dogs. I am always looking to teach muni to bikers in hopes that it will spark enough interest that they'll ditch the "training wheels" and take up the muni mantle.

My son and I started riding three years ago, initially as a joke, but what started as a stoopid pet trick has turned into my number one sport. I'll admit to having once been an avid mountain biker, single speeder, 29er, but since learning to ride a unicycle I no longer ride a bike; I no longer own a bike

So, about learning to ride a unicycle: Yes Virginia, unicycling is hard. It has an incredibly flat learning curve, probably on par with learning to play a musical instrument. That said, anyone who can walk down stairs, can also ride a uni. I ride an average of three to four times a week, been doing that since learning to ride a uni. In that time I have developed enough skill that I can ride all the trails at places like Raccon Mountain, Haw Ridge, etc...

Okay, so you're interetsed in learning?

I offer free lessons, that's right FREE, all you gotta do is send me a PM and let me know where you live, then it's just a matter of meeting up and giving it a try.

There are some great resources on the web inclucing the world renowned unicyclist forum: Unicyclist Community - Powered by vBulletin

A local website site I'm building for a muni event in May 2012: https://sites.google.com/site/southeastmuni/

The Preeminent unicycle vendor (located in Atlanta!!): Unicycle.com - Unicycles for Sale - Unicycling

Spring is coming, maybe that biking thing is leaving you flat, maybe biking just isn't hard enough, maybe you want a new sport to spice up that lagging love life, maybe you just wanna do somoething wierd, well then, here's your chance

It only takes one PM to change your life, DO IT!

Heroes are overrated.
    Oct 2006
    Nice to see a fellow MUNI rider and someone from the Unicyclist.com forums.
    There's a handful of us that ride in Florida and do occasional meetups at Alafia, Santos, etc.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    You guys should consider coming up for the munifest May 19-20 at Raccoon Mountain, Chattanooga, TN. It's going to be very laid back, just riding and hanging out, only fee is USA insurance for each rider ($25/year).

I don't get down as far as Florida, but I ride in GA once in a while, give me a hollar if you get up this way and I'll try to meet you for a ride.

So, anyone wanna learn how to ride?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I saw a dude on Vortex at Santos on one before. Was that one of you guys?

I hate that name.
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    I saw a dude on Vortex at Santos on one before. Was that one of you guys?
    That was probably Mike Blaney, he's real local. I see him there pretty much every time I go.
    Worked at Trek/Fisher dealer 2008-2013. Only a little biased.

mtbr member
    so Muni vest in chattanooga anything else fun happening there.

and riding a uni off road does that come with a guarantee that I'll be sterile after learning. I can't imagine its very easy to learn
    women and bikes are my heaven