mtbr member
    Dec 2012

How are the trails?

I am from Cincinnati, and the owner of a bike shop I goto check out Laurel River Lake and the surrounding area to appease my want to ride. I was wondering how are the trails down there? Are they ride able at this point in the year? I am looking to come down this Saturday, and I saw there was some snow in the forecast. Does this pose a problem like it does here in SW Ohio with rutting of trails? Any help would be really useful.

mtbr member
    You're talking about an area in KY that's well east of where I am, so I'm not certain, but since no one else in this forum is apt to answer a question about that area, I'll hazard a guess that the trails are in horrible condition right now, and completely unridable. The only difference it might make is if it's also far enough north from where I am that you can catch the trails frozen early in the morning, which I've been unable to do here. That would be the only way you could ride right now, I suspect.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thanks for the answer. Me and a friend just got new rides and we were trying to break them in. Someone suggested go south because the dirt is different and may be rideable.