Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How do people tell trail conditions, before showing up?

937 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  evenslower 
#1 ·
For example Chattanooga area. I found Sorba Chattanooga's page. Awesome maps, indicates all trails are open. Great!

Singletrack website, an 8 day ago checkin said trails were 'Tacky'... hmmm

#2 ·
Don't know about chatanooga, but Kansas City has a local page where anybody can change the trail status. Their name gets associated with it too, so they're not just changing status for the fun of it. That webpage belongs to the organization that builds/maintains most of the trails and is posted on signs at every trail in the area. It's pretty much the only one that actually lists trail conditions. Other than that, some of the trails are in country parks that dictate if the trail is closed (the park employees update the website's status too because some of them are avid riders). The park even has a call-in number. The only real way is to have someone try to ride the trail. a lot of time people get an idea of what hte trail will be like based on what their back yard looks like and how recent rain was.

#8 ·
You should, really cool place. One of the reasons I bought the house I did when I moved here 2 years ago was the ability to ride to BC and Rope Mill from my driveway. Don't sell Rope short, super fun new trails just built there. 25-30 miles of single track b/w the two places and they're only 3 miles apart. Good stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.