mtbr member

Heading to F.A.T.S

Leaving Savannah and heading to F.A.T.S this friday and was looking for a little insight on trail order. I've looked at the SORBA site but was hoping for a little info on preferred direction of travel and the best way to link the routes. I know I want to hit brown wave and other than that I'm open to suggestions.

I also posted in the SC forum but I know alot of folks from the augusta area ride there as well.

Thanks for any help

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    From the main parking lot, the best flow in my opinion is to ride Great Wall to Skinny to Brown Wave, all CCW and back to the main lot. This is about 20 miles and should take about 2 hours +/-.

If you want to do all the loops then refuel at the car, and go back and pick up Deep Step CCW, to the connector, to Big Rock (CCW) to Tower (CW) back down the connector and finish Deep Step. This is another 18 miles. If you don't want to ride the road connector, then drive up to the north trailhead and ride Big Rock and Tower from there.

Check out sorbacsra.org for trail maps and more info.

mtbr member
    What time are you planning to be at the trailhead? I might go up Friday (also from Sav). Know the system well & would gladly show ya around.
    667...Neighbor of the Beast

\m/{-_-}\m/
    Quote Originally Posted by wala View Post
    From the main parking lot, the best flow in my opinion is to ride Great Wall to Skinny to Brown Wave, all CCW and back to the main lot. This is about 20 miles and should take about 2 hours +/-.

If you want to do all the loops then refuel at the car, and go back and pick up Deep Step CCW, to the connector, to Big Rock (CCW) to Tower (CW) back down the connector and finish Deep Step. This is another 18 miles. If you don't want to ride the road connector, then drive up to the north trailhead and ride Big Rock and Tower from there.

Check out sorbacsra.org for trail maps and more info.
    I agree with CCW for most loops but I usually start with Deep Step and then do Great Wall to Skinny to Brown Wave and back to the lot which ends up being 26ish miles.

If I want to ride it all I start Deep Step CCW, then when it crosses the road I ride down to the other trailhead. I hit Big Rock and Tower and then ride back to the road crossing and finish Deep Step. At that point I'll go back to the car to refuel (if needed) then I continue with the Great Wall, Skinny, Brown Wave route.

So we're pretty much doing the same thing but in just a different order.

mtbr member
    I usually do skinny to brown wave first (ccw)...those are super fun fast trails and I like to hit 'em before I get too tired and my handling gets sketchy...

The trails are awesome, it's about impossible to have a bad time out there...

mtbr member
    Thanks for all the advice folks. Next time I need to remember to check back before leaving! We had a great time and ended up doing skinny twice with a loop around brown wave, all CCW.

We had a blast and to be honest it was a pretty humbling experience. I thought I had ridden through some fast trails before, but today I learned that I really need to keep riding faster than I have been.

What time are you planning to be at the trailhead? I might go up Friday (also from Sav). Know the system well & would gladly show ya around.
    It was nice meeting ya today, I definitely gotta put some work in before I'm gonna be able to hang with you on those trails!