mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Headed to Nashville

I am headed to Nashville, TN this weekend and am planning on riding on Saturday morning. I am a n00b so nothing very technical, I don't mind having to climb a lot but just dont have the skills to do anything outrageous yet. Any recommendations are appreciated!

mtbr member

Re: Headed to Nashville

Check out lock 4 in Gallatin. It is about 30 minutes or so from Nashville. If you want a rocky trail, Hamilton creek is actually in Nashville on Percy priest lake.

If you want to go a little farther, chickasaw trace in Columbia and Montgomery bell near dixon are also great rides....note it actually is a cks instead of an x but mtbr won't let me type that.

--
    Stephen

cowbell
    What Stephen said. I've had riders complain to me that they went to Lock 4 a couple years ago and "there was nothing technical about it" so they didn't like it. I've taken those same riders back with me and told them to stick to my back wheel, and they came off the trail with huge grins. For a place that lacks big climbs, big down hills, and lots of technical sections, Lock 4 is packed with fun. Lots of railing turns, shallow down hills you can pump down and never have to touch the brakes - and the trails out there are well maintained every time I go out there.

mtbr member

Re: Headed to Nashville

The only issue with lock 4 is how long out can take to dry. The same thing goes for hammy. If it rains the day before you get here, Montgomery bell may be your only option.

Be sure to snag maps. L4 and mb have several connectors throughout them that can be confusing if you don't know your way around.

--
    Stephen