big daddy
    Nov 2004

Hattiesburg Riders

Any Hattiesburg/Laurel riders out there? Also posted on sweet spot bikes site. Interested in forming a mtn. biking club and work on establishing some trails. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

Want to vent?
    Hey Big D i posted a reply to ya on sweetspotbikes forum...just checkin in with ya on this site too..

-Boz
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

What It Be ?
    Id be cool with that. Im directly off of 40th in h'burg.

Want to vent?
    Ya same goes for you chris, send me a PM or more importantly dabbs a PM on the sweetspot bikes forum and i can get yall connected...and hook you up with maybe 2 other serious MTB'ers...i do not live there anymore......i moved back home to meridian where im having a blast cleaning my own trails...

And from what ive heard the trails are really tore up...i havent been to Hburg in prolly 8 months so i havent seen the damage

the powerlines had trails within the treeline between the open space powerline area and the interstate...tight twisty and technical...of course the exterior powerlines are rideable but i call that a jeep road and used it as a means to get more miles in ....

there is also a trail we call south hattiesburg that starts on the power station side of richburg road.....it goes behind the power station and all the way to the south hattiesburg Interstate exit (out and back)

the east side of N 40th ave had some of the best trails but are soon to be a subdivision since the land is/was for sale................the trails behind the nice homes on the west side of N 40th are ok as well but tend to get wet and nasty.............like i said riding Hburg will really help bike handling ....however the speed factor will always be seriously lacking

from what i gather their should be at least 5 of yall who can get together down there.....just going on people who post in this and the other forum...

to really get something going there i would start finding an area off of the rail trail and building some new stuff

-Boz
    "I'm supa-fly TNT, I'm tha guns of the navarone!"

What It Be ?
    Cool Cool. Ive been out of it for a few months now no one to ride with. And bethel isn't clear. I'd love to make the trip to Bude again. Funds are tight right now though.

Not dead yet, just playin

Bude is gonna be awhile

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ
    Cool Cool. Ive been out of it for a few months now no one to ride with. And bethel isn't clear. I'd love to make the trip to Bude again. Funds are tight right now though.
    The most recent email from the ranger at Bude wasn't optimistic they would get the trails ridable soon. I hope they get things back in shape by Jan of next year...

op
    www.msmtb.org - Mississippi Mountain Biking

What It Be ?
    So Clear Springs isn't clear? We need to schedule a ride up at Bonita Lakes. Sundays are normally good for me.

BTT

Not dead yet, just playin
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisJ
    So Clear Springs isn't clear? We need to schedule a ride up at Bonita Lakes. Sundays are normally good for me.

BTT
    Check out www.msmtb.org. Recently there have been quite a few organized rides. I think theres a group headed to Bonita today (Saturday) to ride before the rain hits.

op
    www.msmtb.org - Mississippi Mountain Biking