mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Has anyone heard of Better Ride Mtn. Bike Camps?

This is a mtn. bike camp put on by Gene Hamilton (I think he is out of Colorado). This is a skills camp, three days in length, and he is hosting one in Ellijay, GA in November. I have really been trying to find a good local mountain bike skills clinic/camp in the area and this is one of the only things I have found. There is women's skills clinic at Jackrabbit Mountain in September that I plan on attending but I think it is pretty rudimentary.

I have been mtn. biking for about six months so I would maybe consider myself an advanced beginner.

If anyone has heard of this camp and has any info I would appreciate it. Or if anyone knows of any in this area (East Tennessee/North Georgia) that they would recommend I would love to hear about it. The Better Ride clinic is pretty expensive($600) I think and I'm not sure I want to invest the money.

not so super...
    The better ride camps have a good reputation. I would suspect that you learn more in the few days with Gene than you will pick up on your own over the next year. It might help prevent bad habits too.

Call and talk to him about it.
    Nothing to see here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the info! Sounds like a good idea.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I too am trying to decide on either getting a new bike (old one is beat to hell) or taking his class.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Yes, I guess you could actually get most of a bike for that price. I think I'm going for it though!