mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Graham Swamp is looking great

Yesterday was the first time I had been there this year, and I must say that the trail builders have done an excellent job. All the rocks, wooden structures, and mulch have helped a lot on some sections that would otherwise be very sandy. So kudos to those guys! I will definitely have to visit more often now that I have more time to get out and ride.
    2011 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Rig
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

Papa T
    I got a good ride in on Saturday morning on the SS. Graham is riding great even when it is dry. I can't wait for some cooler temps!
    Keep your head tube up!
    2012 Marin Mt. Vision XM Pro
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc
    Looks like Bulow State Park, Spruce creek Trail and DeLeon Springs are some other decent rides in the Daytona area. Need to check out Grahm swamp and maybe a couple of the other trails when I'm up that way.... Haven't been there yet. Riding season should be right around the corner when it cools down some.

\m/{-_-}\m/
    Quote Originally Posted by Pimpride
    Looks like Bulow State Park, Spruce creek Trail and DeLeon Springs are some other decent rides in the Daytona area. Need to check out Grahm swamp and maybe a couple of the other trails when I'm up that way.... Haven't been there yet. Riding season should be right around the corner when it cools down some.
    I'm not familiar with Bulow but I can tell you that Graham Swamp is much better than Spruce Creek and DeLeon Springs and should be the first trail on your list of places to ride. If you feel up to driving a little further Santos is arguably the best trail system in the state.

Papa T
    Trail Rankings for Volusia/Flagler:

Graham Swamp (tons of climbs, jumps, rock sections, skinnies, and fast downhills)
    Spruce Creek (Doris Leeper) - rolling terrain with sand but under tree cover
    Hobo Trail (New this year - located in Hammock a.k.a. Palm Coast beachside and north of Flagler Beach about 10
    miles)
    De Leon Springs (haven't been in 12 years, but rolling terrain with a couple of jumps, short, last I heard they had some skinnies and a teeter-totter)
    Bulow Creek State Park (flat trail with lots of palmetto roots, no climbs, good for beginners)
    Last edited by Numb Bum; 09-14-2010 at 06:45 PM.
    Keep your head tube up!
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

XXIX
    I ride spruce creek every weekend, its more of a work out than anything. The sand is coming back. It went away for a month when the area was getting a lot of rain but its coming back now. Graham Swamp it awesome but the sand can be mean.

ChiliPepper1
    Graham and Spruce are real cool trails to ride. Both a bit sandy, but Graham offers a lot of fun when not so sandy. Bulow sucks royally though some nice scenery. Never ride there after a rainfall, freakin muddy most of the trail. Chuck Lennon over in DeLeon is awesome when not wet. All the structures that were there have been removed the last time I was there. They had some sweet log piles and a huge teeter-toter. Lots of rollers. Was a nice little jump bowel, but last time I rode there 4 months ago, it was all run down.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I went back today and the trail was very dry. Several of the sections required hike-a-bike due to the dry sand. I guess I need to check the weather next time and go down there at a time when it just rained.
    2011 Trek Gary Fisher Collection Rig
    2007 Gary Fisher HKEK

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    We had rain the last few days and the Swamp is riding great again.

mtbr member
    Any current updates for Graham?

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    It is in great shape, ride it if you can.

mtbr member
    Any more updates? I thinking of heading up there on Sunday to check it out for the first time. Is the trail pretty easy to follow?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillT
    Any more updates? I thinking of heading up there on Sunday to check it out for the first time. Is the trail pretty easy to follow?
    I just rode the Swamp for the first time a few weeks ago, and one of the issues that I have with it is that it is very difficult to follow. There is no signage what-so-ever, though, it looks like somebody tried to mark the trail with big seashells.

But, aside from the difficulty following the trail, and the fact that my skills aren't quite ready for it yet, it's a bad ass place!

mtbr member
    I didn't make it out there this past weekend but I'm thinking about trying it this weekend coming up.

Papa T
    I rode yesterday AM (Sun Oct 17). It was very dry. Not as bad as in past years now that there has been lots of work to armor the sandy sections. It still rides best after a good rain shower. We used to have mileage signs every 1/2 mile, but at least half of them are missing now. This winter should see lots of work done out there with hopefully more trail markers put in place.
    Keep your head tube up!
    2009 Jamis Dragon ONE

mtbr member

Trails Conditions 1-9-11

Rode today and it was in real good shape. The trail crew has been doing an outstanding job (as usual). Lots of new work seen: sandy uphills fixed, jumps re-worked, log rides, and latter work (at the end) was very impressive.

Props to the the guys who are out there making the improvements. I'd like to help out so If anyone knows the next scheduled maintaence day or if there is info. out there on how I could help please post.

Grahams a blast!!

Blunt Blazer
    Oct 2010
    i rode there for my first time on new years day and it was a blast....did two laps and was beat lol. we got a lot of good picture tho. and i love that big jump thats close the the end, but not the end.